As a company, we were established byChuckover 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Supervision and Controls is an independent group responsible for providing supervisory support through direct supervision, escalation, oversight, analysis and supervisory risk assessments, to Schwab’s Investor Services (retail) group. Supervision and Controls’ vision is to be a trusted independent partner of all Schwab stakeholders that promotes business growth through effective risk management. We strive to improve business outcomes by providing and applying practical, consistent, effective and unbiased risk guidance that is grounded in a deep understanding of business goals as well as the regulatory and industry environment.
What you’ll do:
The Senior Manager, Supervisory Risk Management will focus on regulatory risk management and control issues applicable for various parts of the organization. This role will focus on risk identification, management and control gaps across multiple governance groups (Operational, Third Party, Audit, Compliance etc). In addition, the role will be expected to proactively build and support the processes and standards required to bring a disciplined structure to the operation.
As a Senior Manager, Supervisory Risk Management, this person would support Schwab’s Leaders by…
- Build and maintain Risk and Control Self Assessments (RCSA) for core businesses.
- Utilize knowledge of industry, guidelines, laws and regulatory practices related to administration of RCSA programs
- Assist core businesses to identify key risks, set risk ratings, identify controls to mitigate the risk and determine the control effectiveness in according with the Risk Governance policies.
- Exhibit professional courage to effectively challenge the business where appropriate.
- Build and maintain relationships with business partners while adhering to the highest ethical standards.
- Manage work across organizational lines to achieve results and manage competing priorities.
- Lead discussions with executive leadership and exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Conduct timely and accurate updates including issue/finding status updates
- Perform QA responsibilities related to RCSA Oversight, program support and issue management
- Manage risk working groups including facilitating meetings, preparing and distributing meeting materials, tracking and monitoring follow-up items,
- Manage quarterly certification process with officers and control owners to ensure quarterly certifications are complete and accurate.
- Partake in various risk management activities and ensure that they are properly performed and completed for the units within the area of responsibility
- Assist business partners in reviewing risks from key initiatives to ensure that risks are recognized, mitigated, reported and/or accepted.
- Coordinating and facilitating risk management routines on behalf of the various internal business units
What you have:
The qualified candidate should possess the following skills:
- Ability to influence others through the development of strong working relationships;
- Proven risk management skills with a working knowledge of industry standards and policies; and
- Experience executing both strategic and tactical objectives.
Qualified candidates must also have….
- Strong communication, influencing, and presentation skills;
- Highly effective organizational and time management skills;
- The ability to manage and analyze large quantities of data with meticulous attention to detail and data integrity
- Experience implementing process improvements;
- The ability to work independently, with minimum guidance; and
- The ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize based on regulatory risk and business needs.
- 8+ years relevant financial services experience
- 5+ years supervisory, risk, audit, control, or compliance experience in similar financial service industry
- Experienced making timely decisions based on all available information
- Track record of providing sound guidance to business partners, peers and subordinates
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while prioritizing based on risk/business needs
- Responded to changes in the business and/or regulatory environment by proactively recommending changes to existing policies and procedures
- Responded to findings and remediation plans as appropriate and track through to completion
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to identify core and root cause of gaps and weaknesses
- Implemented regulatory change initiatives across the business in a manner that balances the control requirements with the field experience
- Series 7 Preferred (willingness to obtain)
Job ID: 20181025-6797