Location: Seattle, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Minneapolis, San Diego, San Francisco, Washington DC
ECG, a national management consulting firm working exclusively in the healthcare industry, was named the top overall healthcare management consulting firm in a 2018 Best in KLAS report.
At ECG, our primary emphasis is on quality—in our people and our services. When you work at ECG, we empower you to be your best. We hire you for your ability, integrity, and education, and we assign you challenging projects and help you grow professionally.
Our Strategy Services practice is composed of a group of individuals who have dedicated their careers to healthcare consulting to hospitals and health systems, including community hospitals, regional and national health systems, children's hospitals, and academic medical centers. We have helped our clients formulate a compelling vision and strategy for twenty-first century healthcare, which includes positioning for value-based care delivery, alignment of hospitals and physician organizations, strengthening of financial performance, enhancement of clinical programs across the continuum, and development of strategic partnerships and/or mergers.
A senior manager position at ECG is a significant leadership position in the firm and a stepping-stone to principal and shareholder status. Using well-honed, analytical, and conceptual creative ability and interpersonal skills, a senior manager working in our Strategy Services practice has the following responsibilities:
- Participate in people development.
- Collaborate in the continued growth and development of the practice.
- Manage multiple engagements and be a primary point of contact for clients.
- Manage several project teams.
- Lead meetings and presentations to senior client leadership.
- Manage the preparation of complex proposals.
- Contribute to firm growth by generating $500,000 to $1.5 million in consulting revenue per year.
- Play an integral role in the recruitment and development of staff consultants.
- Develop and deliver thought leadership on a national stage.
- Be a leader in the firm and contribute to ECG's culture and success.
- Participate in firm and practice management.
We are specifically interested in individuals with experience in enterprise (corporate) strategy, service line strategy, physician alignment strategy, and mergers/acquisitions/affiliations strategy and are looking for applicants with the following characteristics and capabilities:
- Outstanding drive, determination, and desire to be part of a growing elite level consulting firm
- Strong knowledge of and passion for the U.S. healthcare sector
- Ten plus years of experience in consulting to healthcare providers and serving hospitals and health systems—ideally including experience with assisting children's hospitals and/or academic medical centers
- Demonstrated knowledge and deep understanding of the U.S. healthcare environment
- Demonstrated record of solving complex problems, directing and managing individuals, and completing challenging projects
- Track record of managing multiple engagements, including work plans, deliverables, budgets, schedules, and accounts receivable
- Demonstrated record of achievement in managing engagements and developing client relationships
- Proven track record of success in identifying and pursuing follow-on and new business opportunities generating revenue from $500,000 to $1.5 million and more per year
- Viewed as a thought leader through marketing activities such as networking with potential clients, participating in professional societies, and publishing and presenting thought leadership (white papers, speeches, and articles)
- Demonstrated focus on staff development, coaching, and retention, with a refined ability to provide constructive and timely feedback
- Master's degree in business administration and/or a health-related field and bachelor's degree in business or a health-related field preferred
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills
- Ability to travel 60% or more often
- Full time exempt