We are seeking a Senior Manager, Strategy & Planning to be responsible for helping lead and manage key strategy and business planning efforts, including the development of planning tools / resources and the provision of strategic planning support for Providence St. Joseph Health (PSJH). Following the lead of the Executive Director, Strategy & Planning, this position will work closely with System and regional leaders to guide the development of strategic and operating plans, metric plans and dashboards, business planning / Certificate of Need planning, and support for other strategic planning endeavors. This position requires strong use of initiative and independent judgment.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Manages and supports the implementation of the Providence Integrated Strategic & Financial Plan (ISFP) cycle and framework, especially as it relates to providing strategic and operating planning support for System functional areas, service lines / lines of business, and strategic initiatives
- Manages the implementation of tools and templates to drive consistent planning and outcomes, which includes working in partnership with System and regional leaders who are developing strategic plans, operating plans, growth plans, action plans and related dashboards
- Provides project management support for other key strategic planning, service line / line of business planning, and other planning initiatives. This includes best practice research, strategic planning process development, sensing and facilitation support, and analytical information, as required
- As part of the dyad partnership between PSJH Strategic Services and Legal Affairs, provide consultative support and strategic analysis for strategic / business planning projects that have Certificate of Need (CN) implications; coordinate efforts between regions to ensure timely action and appropriate responses; and help identify the optimal CN course of action for PSJH. Other key accountabilities include Developing, coordinating and providing technical CN planning support (e.g. preparation of business plans & applications, letters of intent, interested / affected party letters, public hearing requests and hearing statements, public information requests, and public comments), Maintaining daily monitoring and notification processes. Conducting strategic analyses, need methodologies and data support on behalf of all regions and Coordinating responses to State CN-related surveys to ensure consistency across regions
- Stays abreast of the evolving health care landscape and new technologies to serve as a resource for strategic, service line / line of business and business planning activities
- Develops resources and provides strategic thought leadership to advance the strategic capabilities of PSJH
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or a health care-related discipline.
- Minimum of seven years of experience in health care, strategic or business planning, finance, or a closely related field with demonstrated expertise in the use of computers and electronic systems for data extraction and analysis.
- Training and experience in GE’s Change Acceleration Process (CAP), Work-out and Six Sigma.
- Extensive experience with Windows-based software such as Microsoft Office, Access or similar databases, Excel or similar software, word processing, and presentations.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master’s degree in Health Administration, Public Health or Business Administration.
- Experience in health care planning with an understanding of the health care industry, operations, and reimbursement.