We are seeking a Senior Manager, Strategy and Business Design who will be part of our Strategy and Business Design vertical, which includes evaluating performance, strategic planning, service architecture design and implementation in collaboration with business owners primarily across business operations improvement, cost-savings and strategic division programs. The objective of each engagement is to elevate the performance of the function materially (e.g., substantial improvement in performance, cost, etc.) based on REH’s priorities.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead end-to-end strategy and business design program development, evaluation and strategic direction. This includes continuous evaluation of the effectiveness of REH supply chain operations to determine if performance is currently meeting the needs of the organization and subsequently visioning a ‘future state’ with associated benefits and expected outcomes.
- Focus on transforming areas with REH influence by diagnosing current state and defining future aspirations. These areas includes: procure-to-pay excellence, ERP rollout, food and nutrition, environmental services, clinical engineering/technology management, energy and capital equipment.
- Functionally, the SMSBD will evaluate the current state of REH priorities, defining future state objectives with rationale, syndication with REH and Providence leadership, blueprinting the path to the future state, determining capabilities needed and gaps to execute, developing the timeline and business case, organizing and leading the performance transformation and reporting out to leadership on progress.
- Beyond supply chain operations and the areas mentioned, lead work cycles that follow similar structure across the other REH service delivery functions to achieve similar outcomes within each function. These activities will be prioritized with REH leadership to balance time and resources
- Stay informed on industry trends and innovation in REH service segments and ensure best practices, disruptive technologies and key industry developments and disseminated across REH.
- Work closely with caregivers in the field and Providence and REH leadership to understand current state performance and opportunities for future state optimization.
- Oversee a team of Analysts and Engineers / Senior Engineers to ensure strategic programs are resourced and executed
- The SMSBD will also assist the REH Business Intelligence and Performance team in developing performance metrics and master data requirements that correspond with service design attributes around experience, delivery, quality and cost.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Operations Research or Engineering or has demonstrated required skills in a similar field or equivalent experience (i.e. consulting, enterprise strategy).
- 8 years of experience in enterprise strategic planning or management consulting with demonstrated experience leading strategic planning and project management for large multinational corporations.
- 6 years of leadership experience in a business design with demonstrated experience in leading cross-functional teams to design and innovate in business processes and services.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master's degree in Engineering, Accounting, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Operations Research, Public Administration, or a related field.
About the department you will serve.
Supply Chain Management supports the transformation of quality and affordable care by delivering excellence through a system wide, integrated supply chain that provides strategic leadership and services to customers and caregivers. This team is proud to be the service that fills the caring hands that heal patients.
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.