As part of the application process, a candidate account is required to log in and view application(s). Please be sure to check email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
Imagine the career possibilities with a Fortune 500 Retirement Services Company that is consistently recognized by their employees and the marketplace – Certified as a 'Great Place to Work' by Great Place to Work Institute, named World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute, World's Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, World's Best Employer by Forbes –just to name a few of the reasons why 'We Are A Different Kind of Company'.
Leads the team responsible for managing key suppliers across Voya Financial. The Strategic Supplier Management (SSM) function includes, but is not limited to: defining and administering supplier governance, overseeing supplier performance, managing key supplier relationships, supporting contract compliance and handling dispute resolution. Works across the organization to consistently deliver on SSM's value proposition and to continually seek out opportunities to increase the value of supplier relationships. Develops strong, value-added relationships with business partners and provide thought leadership and supplier management subject matter expertise. Leads and develops a team of supplier management professionals. Responsible for driving the strategic direction of the SSM function.
- Set the strategic direction, mission and vision of SSM in alignment with the strategic and operational objectives of the technology organization and the business
- Execute on capability road maps to support evolution of the depth and breadth of SSM services
- Oversee the development/enhancement of tools for use in supplier management, including supplier tracking, analytics and performance management tools (scorecards and dashboards)
- Develop approaches for measuring health and quality of relationships for both individual suppliers and on a relative (to one another) basis
- Manage the collection, consolidation and communication of reporting and data on supplier contracts, performance, risk and relationships to key stakeholders and supplier
- Develop supplier segmentation methodologies to ensure the right level of supplier management is applied to the right suppliers
- Serve as a point of escalation for supplier issues and disputes, and drive those issues to resolution
- Ensure that the metrics used to evaluate suppliers are properly tied to business outcomes and bias-free, and that the associated communications around these metrics are clear
- Provide training and resources for internal staff members who are charged with executing supplier management activities
- Partner with sourcing and contract management teams to optimize the overall value of the supplier relationship and life cycle
- Hires, trains and develops staff to achieve SSM's objectives. Conducts performance reviews. Administers pay.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience:
- 5 – 7 years of experience in supplier management
- Proven experience leading a team in the management of suppliers/third parties
- Familiarity with management of outsourcing agreements
- Prior experience growing a supplier management function and executing on capability road maps highly preferred
- Demonstrable understanding of contracts and commercial terms & conditions
- Strong negotiations skills
- Relationship management skills that will facilitate positive supplier behaviors, establish healthy new engagements and deepen existing ones
- Understanding of the entire supplier life cycle (sourcing, procurement, supplier management), and how internal roles interact and operate throughout the duration of supplier engagements
- Executive presence and comfort interacting with both internal and supplier senior leadership
- Ability to influence without authority and collaborate with internal clients and stakeholders
- Strong problem-solving ability with a focus on managing to business outcomes through collaboration with multiple internal and external parties
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.