Provides leadership for a team of key account managers and sales executives serving the business unit’s client base. This individual is responsible for managing, developing, and motivating a high-performance sales and service team, which is accountable for protecting and growing Jeppesen's largest and most strategically important customer accounts for an assigned territory. Manages subordinate staff to include recruiting, training, performance and compensation management, motivating, delegating and monitoring results.
- Meets LRBP revenue commitments by leading the sales and service team through accurate quota setting and the implementation of the market growth plan resulting in the successful on-boarding of new customers/business and the protection and growth of existing customer base. Defines market growth strategy and participates in the strategic leadership team.
- Manages sales and service team in planning, developing and executing individual account plans and sales campaigns ensuring compliance with established sales methodologies, reporting requirements and customer engagement standards.
- Manages subordinate staff. Forecasts resource needs and makes hiring decisions. Coaches, counsels, mentors and provides developmental opportunities and job assignments to enhance employee performance and expand capabilities. Provides on-going developmental feedback. Makes compensation recommendations in regards to hiring salaries and salary review actions. Recognizes contributions of individuals and teams to improve employee satisfaction and retain a skilled and motivated workforce. Enforces company rules and policies regarding ethical behavior, safety, security, use of company property, time charging, etc.
- Provides oversight of related activities such as strategic account and sales plans, solution approaches, negotiations, and proposals. Provides updates to leadership team on status of account management and sales initiatives through regular, standardized briefings.
- Determines the sales and service team goals/imperatives. Ensures a 360 degree view of the customer. Owns customer and key market relationships and determines how relationships will be managed.
- Establishes and manages sales team budget and staffing planrequired to meet LRBP commitments. Monitors and measures financial metrics and performance-to-plan of the sales and service team.
- Partners and collaborates with the Client Management team leaders, members of Digital Aviation Business Unit functions (e.g., marketing, product management, account management, etc.), support functions (e.g., contracts, finance, etc.) and Boeing representatives for supportrequired to execute go-to-market plan.
Degree in a related field of study and typically 15 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to accomplish results through subordinate supervisors/managers and/or employees who exercise significant latitude and independence in their assignments. Determines and establishes the organization structure as well as directs the work of a single, broad business unit function. Often responsible for managing a staff function of the company with overall control of planning, budgeting, managing expense priorities, and recommending and implementing changes to methods. Promotes a culture of continuous improvement that values open and honest communication.
- Participates with other senior managers to establish and implement department strategic plans and objectives. Makes final decisions on administrative or operational matters and ensures the operation’s effective achievement of objectives.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company. Participates in corporate development of methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for projects, programs and people. Ensures budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements. Has budget responsibility for own functional area.
- Regularly interacts with senior leaders and/or customers. Interactions frequently involve special skills, such as negotiating with customers or management or attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the business unit or division.
- Decisions will have an impact on the overall success of functional or division operations. Exerts influence in the development of overall objectives and long term goals of the organization.
- Span of Control: 6 to 10 direct reports