As our Sr. Strategic Planning Manager, you'll partner, as a thought leader, strategic thinker, and internal consultant, with cross-functional leadership, to create strategies driving value-enhancing initiatives across the current business markets, segments and customers, as well as to explore new opportunities. You'll also be responsible for driving the development of strategic and operational initiatives within the business, including participating to cross-functional efforts to help the company through diligence, negotiation, and execution of inorganic opportunities. You’ll be expected to bring strong experience in cross-functional management, financial analysis, integration planning, and identification of key value drivers for the business. Additionally, you’ll lead strategy sessions alongside the leadership team responsible for setting the objectives, managing the agenda, facilitating the session, tracking next steps, and incorporating the results into documents or thought pieces for the general consumption of the entire company.
* Synthesize numerous sources of data and key analysis and translating into specific actions
* Leverage Strategic Planning analysis into actionable growth opportunities
* Lead monthly regular strategy sessions with business leaders, and drive an annual process that provides clarity to business leaders for deliverables, participation, and outcomes
* Develop metrics and track the progress of the business strategy
* Prepare executive-level presentations to share with business and company leadership
* Provide input and opinion about due diligence and investment and/or partnering opportunities
* Display a proven ability to understand the intricacies of the orthopedic market (ideally demonstrated through analogous experience)
* Work closely with senior management, product management, product strategy, sales, services, and finance.
* Perform duties in compliance with applicable FDA and state regulations as well as standards including, but not limited to, ISO 13485.
Basic Qualifications * 8+ years of related experience within the Corporate Development space
* Bachelor’s degree
* 3+ years’ experience in strategic planning within a strategic management consulting firm.
* Demonstrated strategic thinking as well as a willingness to lead initiatives through implementation
* Excellent communication skills including ability to persuasively deliver presentations to Senior Executives
* A style that will motivate and generate enthusiasm within the teams for exploring new out-of-the-box ideas and thinking and building a culture of innovation, along with abilities to build strong relationships across cross-functional teams
* Strong business & analytical abilities, organizational and planning skills
* Ability to travel up to 35%. Preferred Qualifications
* MBA Preferred
* Proven application of project management and change management skills
* Demonstrated ability to identify risk and provide risk-aversion solutions
* Previous experience in corporate strategy, strategic business development new initiative / joint venturing or corporate venture initiatives
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.