You'll have frequent interaction with senior leaders, including the CFO, as well as close collaboration with the broader Finance organization and business teams. We seek a curious, articulate, patient, observant, diligent and transparent strategic leader.
- Act as thought partner across Zendesk & analytics teams for the use of data analytics and sophisticated financial modeling to drive critical business decisions and business strategy
- Serve as a coach / mentor for SFA team members to elevate the team’s technical and business skills
- Communicate effectively at the detailed, technical level and have the ability to elevate for high-level consumption by executives
- Support our daily, monthly and quarterly activities, including financial reporting, performance measurements and KPI dashboards, Board materials, etc.
- Define and track important metrics to measure performance against strategic goals, identify emerging trends and provide insights about the drivers of performance and return on investment
- Play a key role in forecasting and long-range planning by ensuring accuracy, reasonableness, feasibility, and credibility across our business and financials through in-depth modeling and analysis
- Quickly ramp on our data analytics and visualization systems, and contribute to process improvement opportunities (enhancing current forecasting models, building new model templates, etc.)
- Forge relationships within the finance organization and our business partners to drive cross-functional projects
- Manage and participate in cross-functional BI project teams to land data-driven results and actionable recommendations for critical business issues
- Deliver efficiencies and automation where possible
- MBA or MS preferred
- 7+ years of investment banking, consulting, private equity or investing experience, or experience on a Strategic Finance team at a fast-growing company
- Previous SaaS experience a plus
- Experience in building, developing and running high-performance teams
- Adept user of Excel and G-Suite
- Experience with SQL strongly preferred, or a willingness to learn
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong EQ and experience with partnering across matrixed organizations
- Willing / “can do” demeanor, commitment to quality, enthusiasm, and attention to detail.
- Intellectual curiosity and complete professional ownership
- Strong growth mindset to seek out continuous improvement and development opportunities through a growth mindset.