The Sr. Manager, Specialty Area Sales has the responsibility of inspiring their area, to include both Nestle' Medical Nutrition (MN) and external partner sales personnel, in the consistent pursuit of strategically developing and growing the full MN Portfolio across both acute care (AC) and extended care (EC) channels and customers. This requires the Sr. Manager, Specialty Area Sales to have the business acumen and leadership to act on behalf of Nestle relative to key customer, contracting and people decisions.
• Lead and develop specialty sales team focused on identifying opportunities and executing strategy to generate profitable sales growth through business and product messaging to customers. Leverage technology, Inside Sales, CSO's, and other resources to effectively manage area and team.
• Develop and maintain a strategic Area Business Plan and oversee Individual Territory Plans for direct reports. Demonstrate an entrepreneurial approach to driving the Area sales results.
• Effectively deploy sales executives in area against strategic customer accounts and prescribers to maximize customer coverage and call frequency. Evaluate and redeploy, as necessary, determining the best allocation of resources based on business and customer needs. Determine what accounts should not have sales executives deployed and utilize analysis of metrics, sales & deployment planning for insight.
• Evaluate potential opportunities and strategically lead regional IDN’s & Aggregate Groups not covered by the National Accounts team.
• Collaborate with National Accounts, Market Access, Customer Development, and Medical Affairs to strategically win and maintain business with the top Acute Care and Home Care customers in the Area.
• Coach sales executives on business acumen and sales approach to bring strategic solutions to customers assuring selling messaging to the Value Proposition appropriate to meet identified customer needs.
• Conduct periodic field visits to coach sales executives in meeting sales goals and develop assigned sales competencies and Nestle Leadership Framework.
• Ability to aggressively embrace and adapt to changes within the marketplace, healthcare environment and customers. Understand market access and successfully lead and develop that culture with sales executives.
• Provide strategic planning and support in their area of expertise to the field Managers for effective execution in the deployment of Sales Executives against the right customers. Determine what maintenance accounts should not receive field sales support and utilize analysis of metrics, sales & deployment planning for insight.
• Ability to travel 60%+
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree in business or related medical field. MBA preferred.
• 5+ years of successful professional sales experience, preferably in health care industry or consumer health care environment.
• 5+ years of leadership experience with demonstrated track record of success building, developing and inspiring high performance teams
• Demonstrated capability to successfully plan and execute key corporate initiatives
• Demonstrated solid financial and analytical skills
• Demonstrated ability to orchestrate consistent and corporate level decision support