Job Description and Responsibilities:
Wynn Boston Harbor is a luxury global destination gaming resort that will feature 671 hotel rooms with sweeping views of the Boston skyline and Boston Harbor, ultra-premium spa, specialty retail, award-winning dining, and state-of-the-art ballroom and meeting spaces. At a total cost of $2.4 billion, it is the largest private single-phase development in the history of the Commonwealth.
Situated on the waterfront along the Mystic River and connected to Boston Harbor, Wynn Boston Harbor will include a six-acre park along the water that will feature pedestrian and bicycle paths that provide access to the harbor, an events lawn, picnic and public viewing areas, ornate floral displays and retail and dining experiences that overlook the Wynn Harbor Walk.
Wynn Boston Harbor is currently under construction with resort opening anticipated June 2019. Once open, Wynn Boston Harbor will employ over 4,000 team members. We invite you to apply to be a member of the founding Wynn Boston Harbor team.
The Wynn Boston Harbor Entertainment Production Services, Resort Sound & Video Senior Manager will manage daily operations of the EPS department, sound and video operations across the property, including restaurants, public areas, outdoor areas, and elevators and sound systems, and guest room media content.
The Sr. Manager is responsible for overseeing and executing convention production services, Resort sound and video requirements, ensuring proper training and supervision of department management & technicians.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: the management of the property sound and video, EPS strategy and ensuring alignment with overall Wynn Boston Harbor strategy; maximizing opportunities for departmental and company success; maintaining all Wynn Standards; and ensuring excellent guest and team member experience. This position will be accountable for Entertainment Production Services and Sound & Video related daily operations, guest satisfaction, and team member satisfaction.
- Ensures all Wynn Boston Harbor core values and property and department standards are implemented and applied.
- Manage the execution of short-and long-term departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates operational effectiveness; effects changes required for improvement. Identifies key drivers of success.
- Manages the departmental performance, and the accuracy, confidentiality, and thoroughness of departmental policies and procedures; records and reports.
- Manages the performance of team members under his/her area of responsibility.
- Monitors all activities of the department to ensure that all applicable internal policies, federal and state laws, rules, regulations and controls property wide are enforced.
- Ensures department delivers and maintains a maximum level of property-wide service and satisfaction.
- Facilitates communication throughout the property by organizing and presiding over regularly scheduled meetings with all team members within the department and with other departments as appropriate.
- Assists in hiring, performance management, and employee engagement within the department. Provides training opportunities, constructive and positive feedback at all levels. Creates a motivating environment.
- Keeps informed of all new developments within the department and makes recommendations designed to maximize department and company success.
- Manages department budgets, procurement and billing for maximum department efficiencies.
- Creates proposals and accurate estimates for corporate productions along with show services.
- Oversees the set-up, operation and strike of assigned events though established policies and procedures with superior customer service & communication.
- Oversees billing, final invoicing and payment for services provided.
- Effectively manages internal and external guest relations, some of which will require levels of patience, tact and diplomacy. Responsible for addressing guest and team member issues as appropriate.
- Manages multiple priorities simultaneously and meets deadlines, often in stressful and high-pressure situations.
- Must have the ability to promote positive, fair, and ethical relations with all team members, with all Wynn contractors, and in all interactions within the Host and Surrounding communities, as an ambassador of the Wynn brand.
- Remains current on technology software and hardware available for EPS, sound and video; coordinates with IT to implement technology as needed.
- Specifies all operating supplies and equipment needed for the department.
- Works with safety as a priority, and follows department and company safety standards.
- Maintains relevant knowledge of industry through continuing education and training.
- Performs any other job-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Age, Gaming and Certifications:
21 years of age or above.
Will be required to obtain and maintain registration or a license issued by the Massachusetts Gaming Commission.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing or related field required; or equivalent experiencerequired.
Minimum 10 years of sound and video experiencerequired, 4 years in a leadership role preferred in a high volume convention facility or production related environment.
Requires strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office, File Maker Pro and RentalWorks.
Working knowledge of Delphi a plus.
Thorough knowledge of audio, lighting and visual systems; including staging materials and rigging.
Candidate must have experience with planning and project management.
Must possess outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills, as well as excellent attention to detail.
Working knowledge in all areas of audio communications, video display systems, MATV, High Definition programming, and video projection systems required.
Knowledge of union as well as non-union working environments preferred.