Senior Manager - Solutions Design & Integration
Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD’s technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
The Omni Delivery team within Channels Technology Solutions leads the delivery of the front-end platforms for a number of strategic, Bank-wide transformational initiatives. The team is responsible for the design, delivery, and integration of systems that facilitate the Marketing, Sales, and Servicing across multiple TD products and servicing channels.
We are building a world class technology team to deliver critical business functionality while also driving TD’s broader technology objectives of Agility, Speed, and High-Tech Innovation. This dynamic team consists of innovative professionals who strive to deliver legendary client experiences using modern and cost effective technologies.
About This Role
We are looking for a highly motivated, hands-on Senior Solutions Designer/Business Systems Analyst to join our Omni Delivery team based in Toronto. In this capacity, you will be leading the end-to-end design, integration and system analysis function for a large and strategic transformational initiative(s).
The successful candidate is expected to collaborate extensively with various internal and external partners and technical teams. As the E2E solution integrator/systems analyst, you will be accountable for the E2E system integration and environment readiness for large enterprise solutions.
As the lead Solution Designer / BSA, your will:
- Provide technical leadership and work in close partnership with business partners / technology / project teams and stakeholders to plan, elicit, analyze, document, communicate and manage detailed functional specifications
- Assess and estimate potential projects with a view of the overall Omni program.
- Plan, manage, and lead the delivery of detailed system requirements and technical / functional specifications in alignment with standards and frameworks.
- Mentor less experienced Solution Designers / BSAs in system requirements analysis, gathering, documentation, management and within area of
- Provide guidance to team and appropriate stakeholders.
- Identify, develop and leverage business performance measures or metrics, share benchmarking and best practice information appropriately.
- Oversee and manage issue escalation and resolution, as well as ongoing monitoring and assessment to mitigate risks and monitor and track progress.
- Proactively intervene on “at risk” initiatives to support the project delivery team.
- Oversee and provide input throughout documentation creation, delivery and maintenance.
- Understand scope change impact (e.g. timeline/cost and risk), communicate quickly and effectively.
- Manage positive team, vendor, client and technology partner relationships.
- Maintain “end-to-end” view of the customer, business and processes to help triage new project requests based on changing partner needs.
- Communicate and negotiate timelines, budget, staffing, scope and critical milestones with project managers and key stakeholders.
Here’s some of what you may be asked to perform:
- Develop effective and efficient solutions by researching/analyzing current state system capabilities and defining technology solutions options / recommendations working closely with key technology partners (e.g. Solution Designers and Architects)
- Participate in quality management reviews, in particular reviews of the designs, prototypes and other requirements work products to ensure they fulfill the requirements
- Define, document and translate business requirements into detailed functional specifications taking into account non-functional requirements
- Support and contribute to project management activities by participating in the scoping and estimating of project efforts, risks identification and mitigation measures recommendation, communicating activity status and providing timely notification and escalation of possible issues/problems to the Project Manager
- Support testing teams in translating requirements and use cases into test conditions and expected results for product, performance, user acceptance, and operational acceptance testing
- Support collaboration with key stakeholders to determine solutions, assess impact to existing work processes and systems, and how to manage the integration
- Prioritize and manage own workload in order to deliver quality results and meet timelines
- Participate in knowledge transfer within the team and business units;
- Coach new or less experienced colleagues and act as a reference for the requirements management lifecycle
- Expert knowledge of system analysis process and techniques
- Expert knowledge of enterprise technology delivery practices and standards and related expertise including design, development, testing and project management
What can you bring to TD?Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- University degree in Computer Science and/or engineering or related discipline.
- 10+ years of experience in System Integration, Systems Analysis and/or Development management and system architecture and design.
- Experience coordinating and prioritizing multiple initiatives at once.
- Strength in developing effective relationships with different businesses, portfolio and project managers.
- Ability to present and make recommendations to senior management and executives.
- Willingness to foster a culture that encourages productivity, innovation, process improvement, teamwork and a high level of professionalism.
- Enthusiasm and interest in furthering your expertise and knowledge of the business, technology and business standards, organizational practices and disciplines, external competition, industry and market trends, as well as share it all as you lead a large and varied teams of professionals.
- Excellent presentation, communication, leadership and team building skills
- Comfortable and capable of supporting a significant business area, product group, enterprise platform, service or capability under a segment CIO or technology functional area.
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others.
- Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals.
- Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners.
- Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Embrace change and witness amazing things happen – from the inside.