Amazon Web Services is seeking a Senior Software Development Manager to grow the service and technical organization.
The Continuous Delivery team is looking for a Senior Manager to lead a group focused on improving the availability of Amazon.
Your teams improve availability by making our tools, and the use of those tools safe to use. Our tools automate the creation and management of AWS resources so they are tuned for availability, security, testing, performance, deployment, and monitoring.
You'll also own a data store of deployment information which your team will use to improve availability, and others will use for their own purposes.
As a Senior Manager in our Developer Tools space, you’ll be empowered to take ownership of a broad range of responsibilities, such as:
· Directly hiring, retaining, and growing top management and engineering talent within your group.
· Being a clear technical voice, working in partnership with your teams to deliver an architecture which will scale with the needs of the AWS business.
· Quickly and reliably delivering high quality technical solutions that will delight our customers.
· Working on business strategy to define a product roadmap that’s compelling and focused on growth, while collaborating with product management teams across the AWS business.
· Meeting with customers to learn and help them shape their own tooling story on AWS.
· Clearly communicating at the executive level risks, successes, and missteps as you define and execute on a vision for the product.
In this role you will lead a critical and highly-visible product for the AWS business. You will be given the opportunity to autonomously deliver the technical direction of the service, and the feature roadmap. You will work with extraordinary talent and have the opportunity to hire and shape the team to best execute on the product. If you’re excited to have a large impact on AWS and the cloud computing industry, you’ll find this role to be engaging, challenging, and full of opportunities to learn and grow.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
· Hands-on software development experience with large-scale Internet-facing systems
· Experience managing a team of software development managers and senior engineers
· Knowledge of full life-cycle software engineering practices including coding standards, testing, software configuration management, and operations
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences
· Comfortable handling multiple challenging priorities in a dynamic environment
· Post-graduate degree in computer science or related field
· Demonstrated ability to take a project or significant feature from concept to launch
· Experience with software tooling, particularly large scale configuration management and deployment systems.
Job ID: 662291