PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Manager, Software QA Engineering
The Sony Interactive Entertainment Senior Manager, Software QA Engineering will join our Client QA team, and will be responsible for end-to-end QA of multiple PlayStation Applications and Tools. You will be responsible for overseeing quality engineering of customer-facing applications and tools in a fast paced dynamic environment, in our Madison (Middleton) office.
- Lead and manage a technical team of onsite and offsite engineers. The team will be a mix of full-time and contract employees in our Middleton office, and in-sourced contractors staffed in several remote sites
- Act as a strong advocate for quality throughout all phases of the product development process
- Improve the project QA processes, such as identifying gaps or inefficiencies in workflows and driving improvements
- Provide timely and accurate QA status and progress during all project testing phases, including summarizing QA results at project conclusion
- Hands on involvement with test automation and test development
- Maintenance of QA CI infrastructure
- Define QA processes and coordinate complex cross-site QA activities
- Partner with client QA leadership to implement & adopt the right test automation platform
- Research, identify and adapt correct tools and infrastructure
- Contribute to budget planning and management of QA Cost Center
- Software QA Automation experience
- CI/CD experience
- Hands on experience with tools such as Jenkins, Docker and AWS
- Experience managing on and offshore teams
- Managed multiple product releases
- Self-motivated, independent, and proactive
- 5+ years successful software QA management experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related discipline
- Knowledge of QA in Agile methodologies
- Able to multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong commitment to quality and ability to work closely and communicate effectively withdevelopers and project managers across multiple teams
- Ability to lead testing activities and recommend process improvement opportunities for multiple concurrent projects
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work with various cross functional teams to deliver high quality products
- Highly effective communicator and problem solver
- Willingness to learn and implement new processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Talent development and leadership skills
- Some travel required, typically to our cool San Francisco office
- Experience working with console or set-top box devices
- Understanding of Adobe Experience Manager or similar enterprise systems
- Prior successful delivery of large scale projects (such as a large video game 1.0, or a multi-country localized new system)
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.