WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- The Senior Manager will be responsible for leading Abbott Hematology’s software development activities that include requirements definition, design, implementation, test, and test automation. We are seeking a highly motivated, execution-focused leader with the ability to balance priorities, nurture talent and deliver high-quality software to our customers. This is a hands-on and highly impactful role that will help build the future of Hematology solutions for our customers.
- Manage a team of associates of various disciplines including development, verification, and test automation.
- Manage software development, test activities as it applies to the Hematology software roadmap.
- Drive process improvements and adoption of the industry best practices.
- Understand product requirements and use cases, and drive development and verification of software requirements, architecture, and functionality - with an emphasis on modularity and portability to allow reuse to meet future needs and scalability.
- Work with site technicians to ensuring the instruments used for Hematology software development and verification are properly maintained, qualified and in working condition at all times.
- Lead software development efforts with various external partners and subcontractors. Work with them to ensure that the work is getting done when it needs to be and with the quality and consistency we strive to deliver to our patients. Demonstrate strong and clear accountability for project success.
- Create software quality metrics.
- Drive defect analysis, ensuring detailed root cause analysis and identification of corrective and preventive actions to address current and future issues.
- Drive adoption of the agile software development, including the maintenance of a continuous integration development pipeline to ensure quick and timely deliveries to internal and external stakeholders.
- Work effectively in cross-functional teams to deliver software products.
- Inspire and motivate the team members to achieve individual and project goals for on-time product delivery with exceptional quality.
- Ensure compliance with Abbott quality policies, procedures, and practices.
- This position is also likely to allocate accountability among staff, manage the career development of others, liaise with professional staff and other managers, advise the business on technology related issues and engage in medium-term planning.
EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING:
- Associates Degree and a minimum 7 years experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related engineering field preferred.
- Master’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related engineering field or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 3 or more years of experience in Medical Device or Life Sciences industry.
- Hands on experience with software development in a regulated environment.
- 10 or more years of relevant industry experience.
- 5 or more years of experience managing engineering teams to deliver software from concept to delivery.
- 2 or more years or experience managing Agile processes, including scrum teams, continuous integration, and deployment pipelines, developing, and managing test strategies, etc.
- Knowledge of industry best-practices in test design, test management tools, and test automation development.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of and adhere to internal and industry-level best practices for software development, deployment, and quality.
- Sound decision-making and risk analysis skills.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams such as Systems Engineering, Business/Marketing and Quality to deliver on project commitments.
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to set goals and provide positive and constructive feedback respectfully to build positive relationships and improve business results.
- Ability and wiliness to learn.
- Strong collaboration and listening skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
WHAT WE OFFER
AT ABBOTT, YOU CAN HAVE A GOOD JOB THAT CAN GROW INTO A GREAT CAREER. WE OFFER:
- Training and career development, with on-boarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities