To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts. Job Category
Products and TechnologyJob Details
Tableau introduced power of visual analytics to the world making it the de facto standard in the enterprise.Tableau is as much a philosophy as an amazing suite of tools. We help people see and understand their data, which allows them to make important decisions based on those insights. If you are passionate about technology, but also care deeply about doing something meaningful, Tableau is the place for you.
Trust is one of our foremost core values, and the aptly named Security Features team within the Core Services platform group needs a strong Senior Engineering Manager to lead a team of talented engineers focused on improving the security and reliability of Tableau Server and Tableau Online. In this role, you will lead large, visible efforts and partner with teams across Development to ensure Tableau is best-in-class when it comes to operational security but also to deliver functionality to our customers to meet their various security and compliance requirements. As the engineering manager, you'll be focused on growing and developing the talent around you while also delivering critical value to internal teams, as well as external partners and customers. Things you will do
Who you are Team Leader
- Lead, mentor, guide, and grow a team of talented engineers building security-focused services leveraging cloud-native technologies for Tableau Server and Tableau Online.
- Collaborate with other engineering leaders and architects to champion and evangelize best practices for security focused development.
- Participate and drive Agile SDLC processes and embrace the continuous improvement mindset.
- Partner, collaborate, and problem solve with teams across Development to deliver customer value.
- Collaborate with Product Management, drive strategic requirements, break them down into concrete actions, and focus on iterative, high-quality delivery of functionality.
- You employ an empathetic, servant-leadership style of management and have demonstrable experience in building effective teams with a culture of curiosity, collaboration, and focus on results. Mentor
- You enjoy coaching, guiding, and helping team members to ensure they feel supported, unblocked, and empowered to achieve their full potential. Experienced
- You have a strong technical background in Java and service development, and experience with one or more of the following: cloud-native technologies, containers, microservices. Effective Technical Communicator
- You are skilled at communicating across all levels of the organization to both technical and non-technical audiences. Problem Solver
- You are unafraid to tackle hard problems and know how to ask the right questions to bring clarity and provide direction. Recruiter
- Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world. Accommodations -
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form. Posting Statement
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.