This position will drive the improvement of the SW Engineering capability through implementation of industry best practices and creating a high performing SW organization through employee development and recruiting. Activities to be performed include:
- Analyze the existing SW Development process, identify key metrics to measure SW development performance and drive change to improve productivity and quality.
- Drive changes in SW development aligned with corporate objectives.
- Aligned with and supporting the migration to a DevOps driven development model, the successful candidate will be responsible for establishing Agile as the standard SW Development Lifecycle across the SW Engineering Discipline.
- Responsible to the continued evolution of the defined SW Development process, updated to reflect changes to the development model (i.e. DevOps and Agile) and incorporation of changes identified by the engineering organization.
- Identify training required within the SW Engineering Discipline, establish appropriate training curriculums, identify and enact specific training courses.
- Assist with College and Experienced Hire Recruiting
- Assist with evaluation of project staffing needs and identifying staff options to address those needs.
- Assist with evaluation of long term strategic staffing goals based on business objectives.
- Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience participating in or leading SW development projects with experience in all aspects of the SW development lifecylce.
- US citizenship is required
- Experience identifying, initiating and driving to completion SW process improvement activities.
- Experience with the Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) software development process.
- Proficient in use of the DMAIC model for SW process improvements.
- Knowledgeable with Agile SW Development Lifecycle.
- Experience with defect tracking (Jira) and workplace collaboration (Collaborator) tools.
- Structured thinker with high detail orientation.
- Must be able to work independently while collaborating with a number of engineering and cross functional teams
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt desired.
- PMP Certification desired.
- Highly motivated, a self-starter, and able to operate with little supervision in diverse environments.
- A successful track record in planning, executing, and tracking personal task assignments.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Job Code – CS20180412-29096