We are seeking a Senior Manager Software Engineering - PSJH to manage a team that delivers the software components needed to fully implement business solutions across the organization. This role involves collaborative interaction with solution architects in Engineering and business units across the organization to determine business requirements and desired capabilities and collaboratively build effective solutions that provide measurable value to the business. This Senior Manager and team also work closely with the IS architecture and IS operations teams.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Uses complex business information of varying types (to include financial; marketing; legal; functional) to manage strategies and determine roadmaps.
- Accomplishes work through subordinate senior-level managers; and/or high level individual contributors.
- Guides team to engineer technical solutions to meet customer requirements with a balanced view toward performance, availability, security, and cost effectiveness.
- Familiar with security, cloud services, automation, and current software development tools and technologies, Linux and Windows server technologies and tools.
- Advocates Engineering goals and commitments; understands the vision of PSJH and is able to deploy that vision through functional areas.
- Responsible for determining and enforcing software development processes, code quality standards, and code security.
- Knows when to proactively communicate with leadership about issues and problems that exist in their own functional area; performs daily interaction with staff; holds regular team meetings.
- Develops effective working relationships at all organizational levels
- Ensures architecture and designs are sound and are properly reviewed.
- Teaches and enforces best practices in code, test, and product quality.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Management, Information Sciences, or related field of study Or equivalent educ/experience.
- 8 years Related experience.
- 6 years Leadership experience.
- Thorough understanding and has experience developing software in an Agile environment. Experience determining and measuring team performance metrics and software quality metrics.
- Thorough understanding of software architecture, design, and coding principles.
- Experience implementing solutions using AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud services.
- Experience programming in languages such as C#, Java, C++, Python, and SQL.
- Familiarity and experience using automation tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience with AWS and/or Azure cloud and automation highly preferred.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Management, Information Sciences, or related field of study.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and data-driven approach
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills
- Ability to effectively build relationships with customer, executive management and other stakeholders through positive interaction and problem identification and resolution.