NVIDIA is looking for a top-tier Senior Software Engineering Manager to join the NVIDIA-Cumulus Linux UI/UX Team! Are you looking for an exciting role that allows you to lead feature development and verification, take full ownership of tasks from A-Z and deliver independently with minimum supervision?
The ideal candidate would have a passion for building modern User Interfaces and Management frameworks as well as a background in networking technologies that includes, Ethernet, InfiniBand, switching, routing and Open Networking software. Also, a good understanding of Linux, networking standards, and the next generation of programming APIs.. You will work with cross-functional engineering and product teams.
What you'll be doing:
Manage and drive the design, architecture, and implementation of NVIDIA’s core Networking UI/UX management framework.
- Manage experienced engineers and mentor new engineers in a dynamic technology driven environment.
- Lead these engineers providing technical guidance and career mentorship.
- Participate and drive market requirements and technical designs with internal and external teams crafting the programming model and User Experience for Network Business Unit products.
- Work closely with many partners including technical specialists, customer support, marketing, product planning, field engineers, development and test management teams.
- Build positive relationship with leaders inside and outside the core product team to efficiently manage the User Experience for all NBU products.
- Develop and apply software development processes, adapting to an agile environment of your team. Make continuous process improvements.
- Learn how to large system wide software project is planned, designed, developed, maintained, qualified, and released.
What we need to see:
Highly motivated with a proactive demeanor and positive interpersonal communication skills.
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Bachelors (or equivalent experience)
- 15+ years of proven leadership in Linux systems, data center networking technologies
- 10+ years of Management Experience
- Ability to work optimally with stakeholders in a multi-functional team.
- Detail oriented and comfortable multitasking in a dynamic environment with shifting priorities and changing requirements.
- Able to work independently with minimal direction.
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Background in Networking, Ethernet switching, Routing
- Experience with UI / UX design and development
- Background with Networking data models, Yang, RESTful APIs and web services.
- Experience with Open Network products such as Mellanox switches, Cumulus Linux, or SoNIC Network Operating Systems.
- Loves to work in a collaborative environment