The Senior Manager, Software Engineering, Retail Credit Risk Intelligence/GFRT/Technology & Operations contributes to the overall success of the Global Finance & Risk Technology, Technology & Operations in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Execute Retail Credit Risk data management strategy. Deliver statutory and regulatory Credit Risk reporting while ensuring data and application IT Risk and governance compliance
- Support, maintain and enhance Retail Credit Risk (RCR) Common Reporting Platform (CRP)
- Develop and maintain Essbase cubes, SQL Server databases, ETL leveraging Informatica, DataStage or SSIS
- Design and develop reporting leveraging Power BI, CDM, Tableau and OBI
- Effectively facilitate SDLC across the specification, design, build, test, and deployment phases of development.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
- 7+ years of experience developing and managing Essbase cubes.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in ETL tools including Informatica, DataStage and SQL Server SSIS
- Strong experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience in Reporting tools including Power BI, CDM and Tableau is an asset
- Experience in Retail Credit Risk is asset
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written/verbal)
- University degree in Software Engineering/Computer Science related field