To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts. Job Category
Products and TechnologyJob Details
Tableau introduced power of visual analytics to the world making it the de-facto standard in the enterprise.Tableau is as much a philosophy as an amazing suite of tools. We help people see and understand their data, which allows these people to make important decisions based on those insights. If you are passionate about technology, but also care deeply about doing something meaningful, Tableau is the place for you.
The Core Services engineering group needs a technical Senior Engineering Manager to lead our newly formed Networking team to take strong ownership of a critical area of our codebase at the heart of Tableau's analytical capabilities. In this role, you will drive key architectural improvements, work with the team to establish best practices, and partner with several teams across the organization to continue to help Tableau scale and be secure across all major platforms. As the engineering manager, you'll be focused on growing and developing the talent around you as well as establishing and driving a technical vision for the team.Things you will do
Who you are
- Lead, mentor, guide, and grow a team of talented engineers building services deep in the technical stack impacting the entire suite of Tableau products.
- Collaborate with other engineering leaders and architects to champion and evangelize an architectural vision for this area.
- Participate and drive Agile SDLC processes and embrace the continuous improvement mindset.
- Work with Support and other parts of the company in customer engagements.
- Partner, collaborate, and problem solve with teams across Development to deliver customer value.
- Collaborate with Product Management, drive strategic requirements, break them down into concrete actions, and focus on iterative, high-quality delivery of functionality.
- Team Leader - You employ an empathetic, servant-leadership style of management and have demonstrable experience in building effective teams with a culture of curiosity, collaboration, and focus on results.
- Mentor - You enjoy coaching, guiding, and helping team members to ensure they feel supported, unblocked, and empowered to achieve their full potential.
- Experienced - You have a strong technical background in C++ development and debugging, and experience with one or more of the following: networking concepts, performance tuning, system architecture.
- Effective Technical Communicator - You are skilled at communicating across all levels of the organization to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Problem Solver - You are unafraid to tackle hard problems and know how to ask the right questions to bring clarity and provide direction.
- Recruiter - Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form. Posting Statement
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.