Cox Automotive Inc. is looking to add a talented Senior Software Engineering Manager to their team in Dallas, GA. This is a fantastic opportunity to join this Data Science group that is working with the latest and greatest in technology in an Agile environment.
Senior Software Engineering Managers at Cox Automotive play a small part in the hands-on process of building software, but a very large part in orchestrating engineers to achieve great results. An engineering background is required in order to be a good counsel and advocate for engineering, but don’t expect to be contributing production-facing code on a regular basis.
As a Senior Engineering Manager at Cox Automotive you will:
- Recruit and hire exceptional engineering talent and facilitate onboarding of new team members.
- Work with other engineering teams to identify and anticipate changing requirements and opportunities to improve the development environment.
- Work with product managers, designers, and engineers on the team to prioritize, plan and schedule work.
- Communicate status, risks and requirements to other groups.
- Provide technical and non-technical guidance to the team, both individually and as a group.
- Facilitate continuous learning and improvement for the team and its members.
The Team:In the Cox Automotive Data Engineering Services group, we foster a strong grassroots culture where problem-solvers and innovators have direct influence on product and business decisions. We are a tight-knit group with a make it work, make it fast, make it pretty mission. Each member of our team is encouraged to take ownership of initiatives, tackle new problems, master new technologies, and shape the future of our company. Technical environment includes Big Data, AWS, Java, Python, Node.js, etc.. This group offers an attractive 2-3 days per week work from home option.
What We Look For:
- Strong, deep Agile knowledge
- You are enthusiastic and passionate about what you do, and use that to help motivate diverse groups.
- You understand how a great manager can lead a team to achieve more than the sum of its members.
- You believe that people come to work to do great things and you derive satisfaction from helping others reach beyond what they were previously capable of.
- Have demonstrated experience managing technical teams, setting goals and crafting plans to achieve them.
- Can work with people across multiple disciplines to create, build, and launch successful products.
- Find immense value in the success of your team.
- Listen more than you speak, and are able to get your point across.
- Ability to establish credibility with brilliant engineers quickly.