Cox Automotive is looking for a Senior Software Engineering Manager to manage two talented Scrum teams. Software Engineering Managers at Cox Automotive play a small part in the process of building software, but a very large part in developing and orchestrating engineers to achieve great results. An engineering background is highly desired in order to be a good counsel and advocate for engineering. As an Engineering Manager at Cox Automotive you will:
- Lead teams focused on building solutions with Amazon Web Services, Java, Python, etc.
- Lead assigned teams and influences partner teams in support of continuous improvements in a dev ops culture using a Scaled Agile Framework.
- Manage career progression for software engineers to include hiring, performance reviews, salary decisions, mentoring, coaching and all duties normally associated with a hiring manager.
- Enhances and grows a team culture of collaboration, bias to action, results delivery and strong platform engineering principles
- Communicate clearly, strongly and effectively to small and large groups.
- Provide technical and non-technical guidance to the team, both individually and as a group.
- Coach, mentor and identify continuous learning opportunities to improve knowledge or skill sets of the team.
- Fosters collaboration with team members to drive consistency across product teams and finds opportunities to expose engineers to career interests and continuous learning.
- Guides team members in strategy, alignment, analysis, and execution tasks within and across product teams.
- Drives engagement by creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objective.
About the Team
The Cox Automotive Enterprise Data Platform group is transforming the way data is shared across the organization. We foster a strong grassroots culture where problem-solvers and innovators have direct influence on product and business decisions. Each member of our team is encouraged to take ownership of initiatives, tackle new problems, master new technologies, and shape the future of our company.
- You are enthusiastic and passionate about motivating teams to meet aggressive goals.
- You understand how a great manager can lead a team to achieve more than the sum of its members.
- You believe that people come to work to do great things and you derive satisfaction from helping others reach and exceed their potential.
- You can work with people across multiple disciplines to create, build, and launch successful products.
- You listen to empower others and lead through influence establishing credibility.
- Individual must have a minimum 5 years of experience working in an Agile/SAFe SW engineering environment
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, or MIS/IT preferred
- Experience with managing technical and/or SW Engineering teams in a complex environment