Senior Manager - Software Engineer
5 - 7 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
This role can be based in any of the following locations: San Diego, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Dallas, TX; Chicago, IL.
The Software Engineer - Manager is responsible for innovative software design and development that meet documented business requirements. Performs at the highest technical level of all phases of software development activities. Directs development teams to ensure that assignments align with business priorities. Position is on-call for software support and incident management to achieve service level agreements.
Essential Job Functions
- Collaborates with business clients and stakeholders to document business requirements and create both functional and technical specifications. Provides estimates and task planning as needed to support business cases and portfolio prioritization.
- Applies technical knowledge and experience to recommend software application solutions that achieve business requirements.
- Architects solutions to complex problems with consideration for system availability, security, capacity, operating schedules, and business results.
Software Development and Support:
- Assesses application software releases and documentation to optimize upgrades, enhancements, and changes to applications with consideration for interfaces and architecture.
- Designs, develops, tests, and implements software programs, interfaces, reports and controls in accordance with best practices and the system development life cycle.
- Collaborate with software development team members on the design, development, and implementation of new and existing web applications
- Assists with quality assurance of software application.
- Performs as project leader for projects of all sizes. Directs and monitors the work of team members.
- Stays current with software development technology advances to enable production support and incident resolution that meets service level agreements.
- Interfaces with IT disciplines, vendors and professional services providers to ensure service level achievement.
- Coordinate the monitoring and resolution of production incidents and problems
- Provide technical mentorship and coaching for junior members of the development team, modeling and instituting software development best practices including, but not limited to, source control, test automation, coding standards, documentation standards, etc.
- Create high-quality software by conducting peer design/code reviews and developing automated test cases.
- Responsible for achieving project budget, schedule and functional objectives.
- BA/BS in related field and 6+ years’ expert knowledge of: ASP.NET/MVC and SQL Server.
- Experience with C#, CSS AJAX, REST, SOA, jQuery, and CSS
- Experience with DevOps tools including Jenkins
- Experience with test automation including NUnit, mocking frameworks, and Selenium
- Experience with system development lifecycle methodologies specifically Agile Scrum and Kanban, deliverables, controls
- Experience successfully implementing desktop and web applications
- Experience with domain-driven development, REST services, microservices
- Experience with implementing and using Atlassian products including Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Review problem resolutions of production incidents with team
- Ability to travel as needed
- Experience helpful with other development technologies such as: Java, Ruby, PHP, Oracle, MySQL
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills, and time management skills
- Strong analytical thinking, troubleshooting and ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects.
- Ability to self-direct, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Healthcare background, Microsoft certification are pluses.