Generac Power Systems - Work with the leader in the power industry! Our Corporate Headquarters in Waukesha, WI, is seeking a Sr. Manager Software Development to join our Remote Monitoring team.
Responsible for the front-end software application development of all connectivity and IoT product and service solutions. The position requires excellent technical software engineering knowledge coupled with superior people leadership skills, proficiency in quality systems, functional and program management experience and business planning expertise. This position works closely with other functional leaders in the company (IT, engineering, service, marketing, customer service, finance). Responsible for devising and effectively implementing software development methodologies that ensures superior connected applications while also fostering and rewarding innovation and creativity within the connectivity function. Participates in creating strategies and policies to meet overall business and department goals. Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for connectivity develops budgets/policies/procedures to support execution within the assigned areas of responsibility. This position works closely with peers in product management and software application development as a member of the leadership team for Generac's connectivity strategy reporting to the SVP of connectivity.
- Monitor and provide input at key checkpoints throughout the project lifecycle.
- Select, coach and develop the team, setting objectives that align with company strategy to inspire and motivate the team. Manages organizational talent through performance management, succession planning and development.
- Assist in the establishment of program strategy required to execute the software application and manage the program to agreed upon timeline, meeting key milestones and using critical path change management process to ensure timely implementation of product changes.
- Synthesizes data into facts and trends that validate company direction on product development.
- Drives innovation-based three-yearproduct roadmap. Innovation examples include: concept ideation such as Unique Selling Propositions, creating roadmap of new projects, facelifts to existing products, new product launch timing, phasing out old product timing, channel/customer driven NPI (New Product Introduction) projects, and cost reduction projects.
- Understands product quality metrics and communicates any quality issues cross functionally.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders within the Connectivity team; Product Management and Engineering Development leaders, and outside of the connectivity team to obtain alignment with key design decisions.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability with necessary Generac systems.
- Perform regular reporting of key project metrics in weekly, monthly and executive forums.
- Create and maintain an organizational culture which encourages innovation, collaboration, excitement/commitment and a sense of urgency toward goals, and continuous improvement. Challenges team members to question the status quo and ensure that all aspects of the design, development and support process are optimal for the industrial/commercial market.
- Develop talent within the team, identifying training and growth plans for employees.
- Foster collaboration between all functions that the connectivity team interfaces with; engineering, IT, sales, operations, finance, and other departments to identify and harvest new engineering concepts, technologies, techniques, standards and procedures.
- Provide software development leadership and design oversight functions for new applcaition development projects including: creating and maintaining development schedules, executing product development plans (schedule, product cost, resources to complete project, quality targets, product specification adherence, development and prove out of product validation test plans, etc.), interfacing with internal company personnel.
- Bachelor's Degree of Science in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, IT, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business or related field required.
- 5+ years of managerial experience leading and directing software application development teams including managers.
- 10+ years progressive work experience in software development.
- Master degree computer science.
- Project management certification – PMP, Lean Six Sigma, or Scrum Master.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Effective organizational and prioritization skills.
- Proven ability to conceive, develop and launch new software solutions using a cross-disciplinary approach.
- Ability to initiate and support marketing communications and marketing services projects including advertising campaigns, packaging and merchandising development, sales collateral development, publicity programs, and trade show management.
- Ability to act proactively and identify innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated team building and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Self-driven, highly motivated, flexible and high capacity to learn.
- Experience creating and improving development processes in an agile/scrum & waterfall environments.
- Demonstrated proficiency in driving collaboration amongst stakeholders and peers.
- Adept at current technology platforms and their appropriate application.
- Understands web based performance optimization and site caching techniques.
- Experience designing most appropriate development solution including selecting and integrating 3rd party applications.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job include are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel.