Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world's largest organizations adapt to what's next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.Job DescriptionSenior Manager, Software Development Application - Recruiting DevelopmentDo what you love. Love what you do.
This is an opportunity to lead an agile development team in designing and creating the next generation of our industry-leading Recruiting products. We have a journey ahead of us. Are you up for the challenge?
At Workday, we help the world's largest organizations adapt to what's next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.About the Team
Create your own dream team of talented, dynamic and passionate software engineers that will work with key architects, product managers and other stakeholders to deliver enabling functionality for our Recruiting products which are designed to meet the needs of today's global businesses. The team's overall goal will be to accelerate the delivery of key strategic Recruiting features in an agile environment while safeguarding the high quality our customers expect from Workday applications.
Workday is unique in that it builds enterprise software in the cloud on a single codeline through a continuous development model allowing for rapid delivery of our software to our customers. As an engineering manager, you will be guiding an application development team that is responsible for supporting our existing customers and developing new features to enable our products.
The successful candidate will be able to manage multiple priorities with competing deadlines, be passionate about building high quality enterprise applications and be innovative in their ideas.About the Role
The Recruiting team is looking for an experienced senior manager who will help recruit then lead a dynamic team of software developers and will be responsible for delivering a new generation of solutions designed to meet the needs of today's global businesses, built using the most modern technologies, providing an unparalleled level of agility, ease-of-use, and integration capability.
- Grow and lead a team of dynamic software developers to build and maintain the HR Recruiting / Talent Acquisition product with a focus on US Federal Government hiring requirements.
- Mentor team with career growth and personal development.
- Plan, release, and schedule development.
- Provide estimates and initial assessment for proposed development tasks.
- Track and report progress of the project against key milestones and keep feature stakeholders updated.
- Balance resources with task assignments.
- Coordinate projects that span multiple teams.
- Communicate frequently with senior leadership.
- Work closely with Product Management to determine release scope and to ensure that features meet requirements.
- Ensure on-time and high quality delivery of the project.
- Passionate about software development and building a strong, self-organising, and agile engineering team.
- You have 8+ years experience managing and coaching software developers ranging in experience from graduate level up to seasoned professionals.
- You have 10+ years of commercial enterprise software experience.
- You have 5+ years of OO software design and development experience.
- Experience with agile development methodologies is a must have.
- Attention to detail and deep understanding of engineering best practices.
- You possess a degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- You are delivery-focused, motivated, and adept at keeping long term goals in mind while delivering day-to-day.
- Talent acquisition and/or US Federal business domain knowledge would be beneficial.
- Strong network among local software development professionals.