There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing a Senior Manager, Software Asset Management opportunity at our US Corporate Headquarters in Northbrook, IL.
The Senior Manager is Accountable for global IS software contract and license management activities (including audits), to ensure the Astellas business optimizes its software contracts and license spend and to be able to evaluate vendors using key performance indicators.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Act as global process and system owner of the software asset management environment (policies, standards, procedures, work instructions and the tool set) throughout its complete life-cycle
- Establish, build and maintain the relationship with software vendors by serving as a single point of contact for contractual matters and to maintain up to date information regarding their capabilities
- Evaluate and negotiate master software agreements and/or statements of work
- Support the Head of VSM regarding the negotiation of multimillion-dollar enterprise agreements
- Communicate contract-related information to all stakeholders. Coordinate with application and system owners, Finance, Accounts Payable, Procurement and Legal
- Identify opportunities and initiate projects to reduce or to avoid costs and report cost reduction/avoidance to IS stakeholders
- Accountable for the program delivery of the software asset management environment
- Collaborate with application and system owners to understand software license requirements in order to develop long-term plans to identify ways to drive license optimization and reduce costs.
- Accountable for the global audit protocol for software providers
- Globally manage purchase, deployment, maintenance, usage and disposal of software licensing, including its administration.
- Globally evaluate and rationalize the total portfolio of software vendors, services, products using spend analytics and collecting market intelligence
- Engage stakeholders, understand their objectives and requirements, and develop and execute a model for managing each vendor's performance
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration
- Experience in an IT Department for at least 5 to 7 years
- Experience in a multinational organization for at least 5 to 7 years
- Experience in a pharmaceutical company or another regulated industry for at least 3 years
- Experience in interfacing and communicating effectively with all levels within an organization and with external vendors
- Experience in a contract management role
- Experience in software asset management
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical business
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work with minimal or no supervision
- Excellent communication skills and knowledge of English (verbal and written)
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent analytical skills to understand different types of data and license models