Job ID 564692BR
ABC News is hiring a Senior Manager-Social Media.
The Senior Manager-Social Media is responsible for making editorial decisions for the core ABC NEWS social media accounts. This individual manages the social media team assigning stories and other work around the day to day reporting on ABC News social accounts. The Senior Manager-Social Media is also responsible for collaborating with shows and other ABC News digital teams during breaking news and coverage plans for events. This person will build upon and implement inventive social strategies with the goal of growing ABC News audiences across all social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc). The Senior Manager-Social Media reports to the Director of Publishing Strategy and will be expected to utilize data to manage the social distribution strategy across ABC News.
Qualified candidates should be able to demonstrate their ability to utilize develop strategies for optimized media and consumption plans across social networks.
- Lead ABC News’social media strategy to drive engagement, audience growth and conversion across all social arms for the news division’s flagship accounts
- Manage the social media team for core ABC News social accounts
- Foster social network relationships to test new features, improve performance, and grow audiences
- Responsible for making editorial decisions around daily and long term coverage plans
- Guide the voice of ABC News on social media
- Lead social distribution strategy across the ABC News organization
- Manage and execute on strategies to hit quarterly growth targets
- Identify and make business cases for new social opportunities
- Minimum (6) six years of professional experience working in news producing content, with (3) three years managing social media accounts utilizing data to make editorial decisions and distribution strategies
- Must provide examples of developing and executing on social media strategies to grow audiences and deliver on engagement metrics
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Must demonstrate past experience testing new features within social platforms
- Seven(7) or more years of experience producing digital content at a network or in a top ten news market with (4) four years managing social media accounts utilizing data to make editorial decisions and distribution strategies
BA or BS from a four-year accredited college or university or equivalent experience