We know our colleagues are integral to the success of the institution. At DeVry, we’re guided by our culture of care, and we embrace values that teach us to care for students, self and colleagues. It’s one way we position our colleagues for success.
We are looking for engaged, caring colleagues to join our organization in serving our students. We take extra pride in our dedicated support teams, as well as our outstanding faculty members who have often worked for years in the fields that they teach. We believe all our colleagues deserve opportunities to reach their goals. Whether its career advancement, maintaining a healthy lifestyle or saving for retirement, our comprehensive benefits and professional development offerings can help you meet your goals.
The Marketing team at DeVry is looking for passionate marketers that are excited and energized by our mission. If you’re a strong social media marketer that wants to be a part of an organization focused on providing high-quality education, care and attention, we invite you to apply for a position today.
• The Senior Manager, Social Media Marketing is responsible for driving social media marketing efforts with the goal of increasing brand reputation, increased engagement across owned social properties and leading the social media strategy for the University.
• This position is charged with supervising the development and execution of social media marketing efforts, ensuring that the Marketing department is providing strong guidance and support to the University.
• Working closely with the Marketing Leadership team and campus/online teams, this position maintains responsibility for social media marketing strategies including social advocacy programs, community management, and customer service via social channels.
• Partners with functions across the University to implement marketing plans.
• Responsible for all social media marketing efforts across the University.
• Manages creation of communications via social properties.
• Manages marketing budgets and tracks actual expenses versus the budget and ensures projects are completed on time, and on budget
• Tracks and evaluates marketing mix and recommends actions to increase outcomes
• Develops and implements grass roots marketing programs consistent with local needs and national goals.
• Implements special projects, market tests and support of high-priority programs.
• Assures all communications are compliant and meet brand guidelines.
• Measures and reports on results of marketing activities.
• Works with and provides direction to outside vendors (PR and Ad agencies) as needed.
• Completes other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor's degree required, preferably in marketing or a related field MBA or other advanced degree a plus.
• At least seven years of marketing experience in a corporate marketing or advertising agency environment.
• Sharp, strategic marketer with a blend of social media marketing and brand marketing experience.
• Experience managing budgets.
• Experience establishing and reporting on key performance indicators for campaigns/initiatives.
• Experience working with and directing outside agencies and vendors.
• Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage multiple project simultaneously.
• Strong leadership and communication skills.
• Solid analytical skills.
• PC skills in Microsoft Office applications.
• Must be willing to travel overnight (up to 30%).