- Responsible for supporting various departmental activities in regards to coordination of routine and non-routine events at the Frederick Manufacturing facility.
- Oversee and direct team activities relating to work orders within our Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) ensuring proper planning and scheduling of tasks, projects and purchasing activities.
- Responsible for supporting, execution, and closure of department quality records including Facilities Change Request, Corrective & Preventive Actions, Deviations, and Environmental Monitoring Incident Reports.
- Provide direct contact with internal and external customers utilizing excellent communication and customer service skills routinely.
- Responsible for coordination and oversight of GMP and non-GMP cleaning sevices and contractual obligations.
- Manage daily contract staff and ensure compliance with site and department SOPs. Negotiate contracts within the scope of ownership. Manage and ensure contract compliance. Implement/manage maintenance contracts and services.
- Manage and ensure quality landscaping services for FMC site. Negotiate contracts, and ensure landscaping contract compliance. Implement landscaping budgetary forecasting and manage food service subsidy. Implement catering policy/ procedures.
- Manage and implement building maintenance contracts such as painting, general handyman duties, light plumbing, etc. Ensure high standards of FMC facility appearance.
- Provide direct supervision of general handyman to include scheduling and coordination of work to be performed including in clean room spaces
- Manage and schedule work to be performed via SharePoint service request tickets.
- Manage pest control program. Manage pest control contractor to ensure SOP compliance. Update and maintain all mandatory pest control documentation as per SOP.
- Manage and participate in FMC departmental and employee space planning, furniture standards and physical moves. Manage contracted services (i.e. furniture and moving vendor) as it related to space planning, furniture and physical moves.
- Manage exterior / interior signage as it relates to maintenance, change requirements and additions.
- Manage FMC parking requirements and traffic flow. Through contracted services maintain parking lots and roadways, ie., stripping, speed bumps, and road repairs.
- Maintain company vehicle. As request, responsible for errands and special pickups.
- Track and trend Facilities and Engineering department metrics - Responsible for providing timely and accurate reports to management as necessary.
- Develop training qualification and curriculum for the team. Track training completion and compliance. Assist with qualification modifications.
- Participate in the Facilities and Engineering Continuous Improvement program.
- Provide direct interaction with Internal and External Regulatory auditors as requests relate to department programs (cleaning, pest control)
- Works with corporate staff, site personnel and insurers to manage risks.
- Secures, revises and/or maintains applicable environmental and hazardous materials permit
- Develops implements and maintains employee training programs for topics related to health, safety and the environment
- Responsible for developing appropriate emergency plans and response capabilities. Available to respond to emergencies during off-hours (evenings, weekends, holidays)
- Stays current on new government regulations as they are promulgated, as well as new developments in industry (best practices).
- Builds relationships with key members of site and corporate management to foster support for EHS programs.
- Directs activities of various contractors assisting with waste management, safety equipment maintenance or other functional activities.
- Supervises and develops Staff members
- Plans and manages departmental budget for site activities
- Participates on various planning and operational teams.
- Maintains and reports EHS metrics per Corporate requirements
- Focuses on strategic planning rather than tactical execution. Develops and implements strategies for sustainable and scalable business processes.
- Canon Copiers, TR MicroPress System, EFI Digital Storefront
- National Mailing Systems and Standards, Inventory Systems
- Maintaining site general administrative equipment and systems data files.
- Understanding Regulatory expectations for company buildings and overall site
- Inventory management
- Proficient in computer skills and MS Office applications
- Proficient in EDMS, Trackwise, and LMS Databases
- Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (SAP Plant Maintenance Module)
- Writing, revising and reviewing Standard Operating Procedures
- Good Manufacturing Practices
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Assignments are received in task-orientated terms. Provides direction to subordinates using established policies and precedents. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall quality and efficiency. Administers and executes policies and procedures that typically affect individual subordinate employees.
- LIAISON: Ensures projects are completed on schedule following established procedures and schedules. Erroneous decisions or recommendations or failure to achieve results might cause delays in program schedules and result in allocation of more resources.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (multilingual ideal)
- Organization, planning, and scheduling skills
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Conduct activities and interactions consistent with Company values and in compliance with the Code of Conduct and supporting Policies and Standards relevant to your role. Complete all required training on the AZ Code of Conduct and supporting Policies and Standards on time. Report potential issues of non-compliance.
In addition, for Managers and Project Team Leaders:
- Ensure and monitor compliance by team members and third parties by (a) positively reinforcing the Code of Conduct and all relevant AstraZeneca Policies and Standards, (b) ensuring completion of all required training, (c) fostering a culture of openness in which employees are comfortable raising questions or concerns, and (d) immediately addressing and reporting, as appropriate, instances of non-compliance.
- Manager Accountabilities at AstraZeneca include Ethical Conduct and Compliance, Team Management, Performance Management, Individual Development Planning, Talent Management, Recruitment, People information, SHE accountabilities, and Fiscal and Financial awareness.
- Leaders with accountability for GXP areas are expected to understand the legal and regulatory requirements of their roles in providing appropriate resources (which could be human, financial, material, facilities, and equipment) to maintain the Quality system and continually improve its effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of education and /or years of experience
- Minimum ten (10) years industrialexperience or 5 to 7 years with an advanced degree, preferably in a GMP facility to include both facility and process related equipment.