At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Manager, Shared Tech Architecture – Solution Architect
To be a great technology-driven company, Capital One is committed to providing outstanding products and experiences for our customers. That means using the latest technology to build and deploy applications to power our businesses across both external and internal users.
If you’re looking for a career opportunity involving modern technologies and cloud scale computing, while using your strong technical, analytical and leadership skills to make an impact then you’re in luck!
Capital One is hiring Enterprise Architects and Solution Architects to join our incredible team of talented technologists in Shared Tech. The Shared Tech team provides technology solutions that span the enterprise and are used across multiple Capital One lines of business and by large groups of our internal workforce. In this role, you will provide technical leadership for designing and implementing critical components of our strategies that enable both Capital One consumers and our internal workforce. You will have the opportunity to work in a variety of areas affecting many facets of our business and on solutions that impact the entire enterprise.
If this sounds like the right challenge for you, apply immediately to be considered!
- Perform hands-on architecture and solution design for software applications used by Capital One’s millions of customers and thousands of internal workforce users at scale on public cloud infrastructure
- Provide technical leadership to the design, development, testing and implementation of solutions to crucial business problems through thoughtful use of modern technology
- Prepare and present potential technical solutions and advise business and product owners on the technical and business value of proposals, including appropriate tradeoffs, risks and opportunities
- Influence decision making by leaders across Technology and Product organizations to maximize long-term investment
- Work with software engineers, product owners and subject matter experts to understand complex technological and business environments and produce integrated end-to-end solution options
- Rapidly engage and understand new business areas and technologies to advise on optimal solutions and investments
- Build and maintain relationships with executives, technical leaders, product owners, architects and other stakeholders to influence investment that reuse shared capabilities and apply defined patterns across teams
- Review, analyze and evaluate market, business and project requirements to design the most appropriate end-to-end technology solutions
- Actively develop and maintain expertise on cutting edge technology, standards, protocols and tools in areas relevant to the rapidly changing environment at Capital One
- Demonstrate strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision making skills
- Communicate and drive highly complex technology solutions to broad audiences including executives, business leaders, product managers, legal experts, security specialists and software engineers
- Sell technology strategies internally to cross-functional architecture and business teams
- Define, structure and plan work independently, while maintaining alignment across dynamic teams and organizations
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in Software Engineering, Systems Architecture or Infrastructure Solution design
- At least 3 years’ experience in application design, development or analysis
- At least 1 yearexperienceworking withinfrastructure, network technologies, open source software or modern technology design patterns
- At least 1 yearexperience working in an Agile environment
- Master’s Degree in a technical or engineering discipline
- At least 1 year of experience with Technology solutions in one or more of the following areas:
- At least 3 years’ experience in Enterprise or Solution Architecture roles
- At least 5 years’ experience with hands-on Software Engineering
- At least 1 yearexperience with Information Security at the policy, architecture or implementation level
- At least 1 yearexperience with Public Cloud implementations
- At least yearexperience communicating information in visual form such as Omnigraffle, Visio, Draw.io, Confluence or Powerpoint