Provides strategic leadership and direction for the delivery of pre- and post-sales services and support to clients/customers. Manages all facets of customer retention (CRM) including participating in the resolution of customer concerns and defining and developing a customer contact strategy. Analyzes operational processes, escalation procedures and performs training needs assessments for identifying opportunities for service delivery improvements, and add value to the customer/clients. Develops customer service department procedures.
Liaises between customers and manufacturing, sales, order processing, and accounting to resolve status, production, delivery, and billing inquiries. Reviews SLA claims. Develops and manages service with speed and accuracy and all client/customer service delivery issues are resolved. Manages market research to determine special pricing for non_standard items in the interests of ensuring appropriate profit margins are reached and maintained. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITY: Invaluble knowledge of all facets of customer retention (CRM). Invaluable knowledge in finding a resolution to a customer’s concerns and defining and developing a customer contact strategy. Expert knowledge in analyzing operational processes, escalation procedures, and performing training needs assessments for identifying opportunities for service delivery improvements. Expert knowledge in developing customer service department procedures. Excellent management skills with ability to assign and monitor work. Excellent interpersonal skills. Excellent knowledge of company's products and systems. Excellent time management, communications, decision-making, presentation, human relations, and organization skills. Excellent knowledge of all customer support areas. Proficient PC skills.
- JOB COMPLEXITY: Manages customer support functional activities for all products and contributes to overall service profitability. Uses staff and systems in the customer support area efficiently and productively. Improves quality and responsiveness of customer support staff and resources. Improves interaction and service between customer support and other functional areas of company. Manages technical customer support center specialists for all products. Schedules staff to adequately handle call/e-mail volume at any point in time. Monitors progress and number of telephone calls/e-mails made. Manages personnel activities of staff (i.e., hires, trains, appraises, rewards, motivates, disciplines, recommends termination, as necessary). Contributes to overall service revenue. Generates new and creative ideas to sell add-on services. Promotes sales of various service options. Promotes and maintains a high quality, professional, and service-oriented company image among users. Manages company’s technical customer support center specialist activities. Ensures resolution of customer problems received via the telephone and/or internet. Coveys customer feeback to product development staff. May develop opportunities for billable time with billable service managers. Erroneous decisions will have a long-term effect on the company's success. Interacts internally and externally with executive level management, requiring negotiation of extremely critical matters. Influences policymaking.
- SUPERVISION: May direct the work efforts of managers and supervisors. Responsible for hiring, firing, performance appraisals, and pay reviews.
- EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION: At least 5 years of Operational Management experience within a mission critical environment, committed to providing FANATICAL customer service. Experience of effectively dealing with high level escalations and customer complaints. Experience of developing customer and employee intelligence strategies and utilizing the findings to enhance service delivery. Extensive experience presenting and representing the organization to a variety of national and international audiences. A minimum of 2 years managing people. A strong background in account management or demonstrative hosting-specific technical skills. Drive to succeed. Budget management of a minimum of £5 Million. Customer relationship management. Mentoring, coaching and training. Exceptional communications skills, written and interpersonal. ITIL Certification preferred. Demonstrated excellence interpersonal skills to liaise, network and benchmark performance. Demonstrated ability to consistently provide FANATICAL support.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: General office environment. High level of stress may occur at times. No special physical demands required. Heavy telephone