SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Management of the preparation and publishing of Oracle's quarterly earnings releases, SEC filings and stock-based compensation reporting
- Preparation of supporting schedules (e.g. cash flow statement, disclosure checklists)
- Detail / general review of prepared schedules that support each area utilizing reporting systems and xls
- Assessing reporting requirements for complex transactions including business combination
- Proactive identification of accounting & disclosure issues / Proactive benchmarking of disclosure practices and recommendations to management
- Management of small global team to execute procedures
- Preparation of detailed planning / project calendar & meeting agendas
- Coordination with global team to create, review and update documented desk manual procedures
- Evaluation of impact on reporting of newly adopted and pending ASUs.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
- Licensed CPA with 8+ years of accounting & reporting experience
- Technically proficient in US GAAP ASC 230, ASC 260, ASC 718 & Regs S-X and S-K
- Proficient with and adaptable to technology tools (e.g. ERP systems, Microsoft Word/Excel)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including ability to concisely communicate project status and key issues for management attention
- Ability to manage multiple projects and direct allocation of staff time as appropriate to ensure projects are properly prioritized and deadlines are adhered to
- Critical thinker and detailed oriented that thoroughly evaluates all potential accounting implications and solutions associated with a particular issue
- Ability to perform within tight deadlines
- Ability to work globally and cross-functionally to obtain all relevant facts and articulate accounting conclusion reached
Coordinates, administers, and controls financial operations.
Coordinates, administers, and controls financial operations. Provides tax, insurance and other reports needed by governmental regulations. Reviews, analyzes, and interprets financial and budgetary reports. Directs all aspects of accounting operations and the preparation of annual financial forecasts. Oversees the development of financial accounting systems needed to maintain reporting specifications. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
Manages and controls activities in multi-functional areas of sections. Ensures appropriate operational planning is effectively executed to meet Corporate specifications. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of accounting. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area.Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.