Provide support through reviews and issue identification for all Business Lines to effectively implement the Global Quality Assurance & Testing program, incorporating any potential country specific exceptions/variances to global procedures and policies:
1. Provide support to ensure alignment, effectiveness and compliance of local and global testing programs including AML/ATF, Sanctions, Sales Practices and other Operational testing programs:
- Assist in executing and maintaining a robust 1st Line Testing program, including reviews, testing plan, sampling methodologies, schedules and reporting.
- Assess branch results and validate ongoing remediation activities in order to determine whether issues identified are systemic and develop appropriate corrective action plans, as necessary.
- Maintain the 1st Line Testing program, identifying and implementing opportunities for increased effectiveness, efficiency, and risk mitigation.
- Promote a risk-aware culture; ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Remaining current on all operational policies and procedures through reviews of the Bank’s manuals / policies, as well as country specific processes that are directly related to the scope of review.
- Monitor the regulatory environment for emerging legislation and policy statements. Keep abreast of trends and industry best practices through review and understanding of current regulatory environment.
- Escalate to the Director 1B Testing Design & Sustainment any testing issues, red Flags, as necessary, in coordination with Business Line Management.
2. Provide support and guidance on 1st Line Testing Program.
- Support by identifying issues through testing reviews of branches and otherrequiredchannels in response to, and in support of, the Business Line’s needs.
- Provided proactive recommendations and clarifications related to reviews and participate in control alignment and optimization of procedures.
- Escalate breaches as a result of testing reviews, identifying control gaps and providing/assisting with remediation action plans in coordination with the local Compliance officer for any process breaches.
- Validation of corrective actions of identified control weaknesses before their closure.
- Work with local and global stakeholders to gather different perspectives on reviews and monitoring of the 1st Line Testing Program and assess impact on the country’s operating model, providing feedback to Director 1B Testing Design & Sustainment, Senior Management, IOSS – AML and 1B Testing Governance & Sustainment and Enterprise AML group within International Banking.
3. Monitoring, Reporting and Control
- Through a cycle of activities, Senior Manager Regulatory Programs Sustainment will continuously assess inherent risks and mitigating controls in the execution of established procedures.
- Conduct monitoring and testing to ensure the effective and compliant execution and sustainability of the 1st Line Testing Program.
- Assist in developing and maintaining metrics and reporting of findings and progress against remediation objectives.
- Ensure written results are thoroughly documented, clearly understood; including evidentiary documentation to support issue results
- Review reports of the results of progress against the program’s Testing plan; and monitor results and associated corrective actions, making recommendations to management on control gaps, as needed.
- Implement testing methodologies to analyze branch data and identify areas for improvement, making recommendations to Business Line Management and IOSS – AML.
- Participate in training programs ensuring they are properly trained to execute Testing controls duties, also addressing deficiencies or lack of training by escalating such issues on a timely matter.
4. Relationship Management
- Ongoing interaction with the Business Lines, local EDDU, local Compliance Officer, as well as IOSS – AML and 1B Testing Governance and Sustainment in Toronto is required in order to become a trusted advisor on Testing and Issue identification matters.
The incumbent should:
- Have a strong, general knowledge of Scotiabank policies, procedures and processes, including internal control principles in order to understand the business requirements for both policies and documentation requirements
- Possess strong communication (verbal and written), listening, presentation and facilitation skills.
- The incumbent must be a strong leader with excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills in order to build consensus and collaboration with stakeholders
- Ability to suggest appropriate recommendations to senior/executive management and effectively support those recommendations by applying critical thinking skills and decision making.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, including ability to work well under pressure and constantly adjust priorities for self and the team
- Mandatoy fluency in Spanish and English
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to work and travel independently at various branch locations both locally and internationally when needed.
University degree in a business or legal related field. Relevant Master’s degree is desirable, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience with control testing or auditexperience in an operations, regulatory or compliance capacity within a financial institution setting.
Prior experience in examinations/auditing roles, and an understanding of testing methodology and risk and controls analysis is also an asset.
Requisition ID: 22358