Takeda is a global, values-based, R&D-driven, top 10 biopharmaceutical leader committed to discover and deliver life-transforming treatments, guided by our commitment to patients, our people and the planet.
Our Data Sciences Institute (DSI) is made up of more than 300 experts who harness the insight of data and digital to speed the development of highly innovative treatments to patients. These data and digital experts bring their expertise to our global program teams and re-imagine our disciplines. They work with novel data streams and apply advanced analytics including machine learning and automation.
As part of DSI, the Data Architecture and Digital Solutions (DADS) group is looking to add individuals who are curious, team-oriented and collaborative innovators who have a strong understanding of data, data technologies, models and methods for data flow, data storage and science driven data analytics.
- Partner with scientific experts across disciplines to define and execute on end-to-end data and insights needs aligned with the R&D DSI strategy
- Assist in the development of platform/capability roadmaps, system architecture and support models
- Support and enable analysis of complex business questions
- Maintain oversight of technical development teams and their deliverables
- Manage business requirements, ensuring integrity of documentation and testing
- Provide leadership to community of scientific analysts across R&D data ecosystem
- Support users in onboarding and adoption
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Master's Degree with 6+ years of experience in scientific data-focused discipline
- Excellent analytical skills and judgment with demonstrated ability to manage and interpret complex information from multiple internal and external sources to enable high level decision making.
- Strong communication skills and vendor management capabilities
- Competency in data architecture, data enrichment and analysis methods and tools including machine learning, and statistical computer languages such as R and Python
- Health care business acumen and understanding of the pharmaceutical industry
- An eagerness to learn
- Exposure to Agile based methodologies
- Familiar with toolsets such as Jira, Confluence
- Development experience with Spotfire/D360 visualization tools
- Experience working with solutions delivery teams
- Experience defining data transfer and/or data integration mechanisms in a hosted systems architecture
- Experience independently translating business requirements into technical specifications