Job Summary Reporting to the Director of Commercial Training, this home office based training position is responsible for meeting and exceeding the Sales and Management training requirements of the Commercial organization at Incyte.
Summary of the Essential Functions of the Job
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Be a subject matter expert and product/disease state lead as assigned by Director.
- Design, develop and deliver training curriculum and content which may include disease state, clinical, strategic and/or skill based training.
- Prepare and/or oversee the preparation of training programs such as classes, workshops, learning modules, and other training materials.
- Manage vendors when designing and developing training content.
- Effectively manage multiple projects in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Work with Director and sales management to institute specific metrics and measurements to assess the success of training activities.
- Learn new disease state and clinical materials in preparation for Launch training.
- Manage classroom environment in a manner that allows representatives to meet learning objectives.
- Coach and provide feedback to representatives during training sessions.
- Design and coordinate In-House phased training to include planning, curriculum development, logistics management, and effective execution.
- Design and execute National/Regional Sales Meeting training workshops.
- Manage training projects through the Medical, Legal and Regulatory review process.
- Facilitate live and virtual training sessions of varied sizes.
- Partner with cross functional teams (Marketing, Field Sales Management, Sales Operations, Medical, etc.) to build and provide training to support corporate strategy.
- Partner with other members of the Commercial Training team during design, development and executions of training.
- Act as a resource for the field force by actively participating in allsalesmeetings and routine field rides.
- Bachelor’s Degreerequired
- 5 years successful salesexperience in hematology/oncology/ immune-oncology is preferred
- 3 years in a former training experiencepreferred (Regional Trainer, Home-office trainer, Preceptorship, etc.)
- High level of professionalism and the ability to excel in a team environment.
- Exceptional presentation/facilitation skills and written communication skills to varying management levels.
- Ability to work in a cross functional and matrix environment.
- Ability to be strategic and creative in the design of training programs.
- Strong organizational, project management and multi-tasking skills with the ability to manage and prioritize concurrent projects.
- Must be able to self-motivate and demonstrate leadership skills with the ability to perform effectively with limited supervision.
- Proven success at performing responsibilities with a high degree of flexibility, objectivity, discretion, appropriate demeanor, and professionalism.
- Expertise with key software is preferred (e.g. MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel, Webex, Outlook, LMS).
- Willing to travel 25% of the time