Senior Manager, Sales Technologies, Sales Productivity Operations
Location: San Francisco or Sunnyvale
We are looking for a Senior Manager, Sales Technologies to lead a team of Program Managers that are the liaison between each of our LinkedIn’s Global Sales Organization (GSO) Lines of Business and our technology teams to create the world’s most productive and successful sales team at LinkedIn. You will also be expected to provide a transformational career opportunity to the members of your team.
As the leader of the LoB PM team, you will provide thought leadership, strategic direction and operational support to allow your team to develop a roadmap translating business needs into technology strategies, programs and projects for each Line of Business, and support and coach your team in their activities related to day-to-day technological operational needs and will work closely with cross-functional business partners and development teams to deliver solutions.
You are a leader with exceptional communication, and proven program management skills, who has a strong understanding of sales technology and sales operations, and can partner with senior leaders and cross functional partners to influence and drive change across our Global Sales Organization.
You are comfortable juggling tasks and able to work productively in a challenging and fast-paced, team- oriented environment with a great attitude - along with the grace and willingness to change direction when circumstances demand. You are able to handle highly sensitive, confidential, and non-routine information supporting a rapidly changing organization. You will have a level of integrity and drive to get things done.
This is a highly strategic position that is responsible for supporting the Sales Productivity Operations team to enable success against key objectives. This position is based in the Bay Area (San Francisco or Sunnyvale) and reports to the Global Director of Sales Productivity Operations.
This role will be based in either San Francisco or Sunnyvale depending on which location the candidate approved for hire chooses.
- Lead a high performing team of talented LoB PMs
- Understand each of our four Lines of Business overall business & sales strategies and roadmaps
- Partner closely with internal sales and business leadership teams to develop appropriate applications and systems strategies and roadmaps to meet key business needs
- Sets strategic direction and operational processes to ensure LoB PMs function effectively
- Serve as a thought partner for and trusted advisor to senior leadership and to the CRM systems team in Engineering to translate business needs into technology strategies, programs and projects
- Partner closely with Senior Leadership, technology and cross-functional teams
- Provides coaching / development opportunities and shares domain expertise with LoB PMs
- Define objectives and strategy for stakeholder communications
- 6+ years of project management/coordination or relative consulting experience
- 4+ years experience planning IT strategy/roadmaps and deploying software initiatives
- 4+ years experience using or configuring Salesforce.com CRM
- 2+ years of sales technology and/or sales operations experience
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Undergraduate degree
- Experience using multiple software development methodologies including Agile/SCRUM
- Outstanding leadership, facilitation and problem-solving skills. Ability to effectively collaborate and influence at all levels of the organization
- Exceptional communication skills and the demonstrable ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations
- A broad enterprise-wide view of the business and varying degrees of appreciation of strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies and governance
- Strong situational analysis and decision-making abilities
- Enjoy working with new tools, and be a self-motivated learner
- Well-versed in software product/service market strategies
- Ability to visualize and create high-level models (rigorous information-rich diagrams) that can be used in future analysis to extend and mature the business architecture
- Experience working in fast paced, high-growth, and results orientated environment that demands excellence.
- Ability to succeed in a highly collaborative team environment with multiple in-flight initiatives and stakeholders.