The Senior Manager, Sales Technology and Planning is responsible for leading the direction of ongoing technology and the stability thereof, supporting the Sales Strategy, for the Tyson Commercial Organization. The position is also responsibility for the design and execution of the planning process relative to technology solutions and the business processes related to Sales Quota accuracy at the material level in support of the AOP. Applications within the scope of this role include all technology solutions supporting Retail Trade as well as any other sales tools supporting our partnership with Walmart analytics. Additionally, the role is responsible for leading the technology solution for Sales Integrated Reporting (SIR) to ensure our reporting tools and capabilities continue to stretch the boundaries of technology. The individual plays a critical role as they represent the face of Commercial Sales to the IT organization in representing their business needs and priorities across the applications where responsible. Cross functional partnerships/constituents include IT, Finance and Sales Automation and Sales Leadership. The Senior Manager, Sales Technology and Planning will possess an exceptional level of technical, business and communication skills. The role reports to the Vice President Commercial Capabilities.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Leads the direction of technology solutions, providing a competitive advantage for Tyson’s Commercial Sales Team.
- Leads the quota planning process for sales ensuring timeliness and accuracy.
- Monitors underlying data quality in SIR to ensure accurate reporting for sales team members.
- Exceptional knowledge of industry technology solutions supporting Sales; including WM specific solutions, Trade Planning and Reporting and Analytic Tools.
- Remains relevant and current on technology within the industry.
- Actively participates in industry and CPG councils to stay at the forefront of technology.
- Develops KPI metrics for our Trade applications and tools to ensure performance is meeting business needs.
- Monitors active tickets, closure and aging of tickets for applications supported
- Provides timely and accurate costing for the development of technology solutions to ensure projects are properly funded to support the fiscal year budgeting process.
- Interacts with IT leadership to problem solve and influence decision making relative to Sales requests for enhancements and advancements with our technology solutions.
- Develops and maintains a deep understanding of the Sales business processes to ensure solutions remain relevant and position us to have the competitive advantage.
- Present Business Cases to the IT Governance Council for approval.
- Leads a TEAM of 5 Team Members with 4 as Direct Reports
- Projects delivered on-time, on-budget, meeting business requirements.
- Undeveloped applications receive elevated support driving to mature and stable applications for our sales teams.
- Develop and monitor KPI metrics for Trade Application performance.
- Proper prioritization of application enhancements
- Develop AOP inputs related to technology solutions supporting Commercial Sales Strategies.
- Recommends new technology solutions driving a competitive advantage for the Tyson Commercial Sales Team.
- Trusted business partnership with Sales, Finance and IT constituents.
- 7+ years CPG IT experience
- Bachelor of Science degree
- Expert level Power BI skills
- Expert level SAP skills
- Expert level ability to interface disparate datasets
- Intermediate level skills related to use case for AI and ML
- Intermediate level skills in building out actionable insights
- People management experience required
- Project management and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence
- Demonstrated ability to impact
- Ability to lead with minimal direction.
- Ability to instill engagement and development of Team Members
- Ability to effectively manage priorities in a fast-paced, competing priorities environment.
- Strong desire to seek out new technology advancements and be open to new business processes and strategies.
- Servant leadership approach