Contributes to the overall success of the IB Sales Practices & Controls ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Specifically, the incumbent supports the governance of the IB Sales Practices Program, including definition and establishment of policies, procedures and management controls in conjunction with IB Compliance, aligned to the Enterprise framework within IB RetailBanking, IB Wealth (including Pensions) and IB Insurance.
The incumbent leads and coordinates interdisciplinary working teams to identify divisional systemic issues related to sales practices and defines with stakeholders action plans to reduce or mitigate sales practices risks.
1. Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
2. Responsible for leading and coordinate the development, documentation, communication and monitoring of the IB Sales Practices Management Program, including policies and procedures in alignment with the Enterprise Sales Conduct Framework and local regulations.
3. Contribute and coordinate the development of proper management controls, tools, testing strategies and escalation processes, in partnership with Compliance, IOSS, Risk and local teams, with the purpose of monitoring adherence to Sales Principles and identifying emerging issues and trends, including among others: root cause analysis, assisting in the definition, track and remediation of action plans. Coordinate work stream leaders, working groups and country leaders on the different priorities and actions required to close identified gaps.
4. Identify and provide information to escalate potential issues and action plans related to sales practices, deliver program status updates and reporting for IB Senior Management, IB and Enterprise Sales Practices Steering Committee and IB Compliance & Operational Risk Committee
5. Contribute and lead the design and governance of Retail sales planning elements, including among others: divisional sales scorecards, what counts as a sale, goal allocation and recognition criteria in alignment with the Bank's sales principles, code of conduct, risk framework and risk appetite
6. Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
7. Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
8. Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
Must have a developed, demonstrated competence in retailbanking and sales practices related to the financial industry
Strong oral and written communication skills
Strong influencing skills and negotiation skills
Experience in project management
Microsoft office advance user
Fluent level of Spanish is an asset
Undergraduatedegree in management or a related discipline
Minimum of three years of retailbankingexperience
Requisition ID: 21870