The person in this position will be responsible for managing the daily activities in a number of functional areas within Operations, including Order Management, Production Scheduling, Service Install Scheduling, Project Management and special projects. This person will ensure the accuracy and timeliness of order shipments.
Ensures that order quality remains the department's top priority, while improving delivery time and reducing cost. On time and Accurate, customer experience focused.
Essential Job Functions:
• Manage people, systems, processes and work output in a variety of functional areas. Use of metrics to measure, adjust and provide team direction to achieve specific goals.
• Work with inter-departments to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
• Provide immediate, accurate and timely information to upper management using various methods of verbal and electronic communication.
• Ensure that all orders are processed in a timely manner.
• Reviews orders for correctness and accuracy; rectifies any problems by contacting the customer or Project Manager.
• Monitor and prioritize workload throughout the day.
• Set measurable and attainable annual goals that are in-line with the organizations long-term strategies.
• Manage lean initiatives and various process improvement projects.
• Create a culture of ownership and integrity.
• Promote creativity and innovation to drive towards operational excellence.
• Monitor all required audit and verification responsibilities.
• Responsible for managing, mentoring, training and recognition of employees.
• Oversee the development and maintenance of standard operating procedures and processes that promote lean and support customers.
• Strategically reallocate resources to minimize bottlenecks and overtime.
• Perform root cause analysis from workflow stops, continuous problems, or potential issues and implement changes to improve the process.
• Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
• Lead process improvement initiatives using lean tools to continually improve customer satisfaction.
• At least 5-10 years of experience leading a scheduling or functional department.
• Experience with a gaming manufacturer preferred.
• Continuous improvement experience preferred.
• Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
• At least 5-10 years of experience managing a functional department.
• Experience with Lean Manufacturing and kaizen.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Working knowledge of shipping regulations in various jurisdictions.
• Strong knowledge of Oracle and Manhattan ERP systems
• Strong knowledge of Production Scheduling systems and methods.
• Strong telephone, verbal, written, analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to interpret and follow complex work instructions.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to coach and lead teams effectively.
• Strong project management and leadership skills.
• Demonstrate ability to work effectively in various settings.
• Ability to multi-task is required.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Office environment, some production supervision possible.
• May require occasional weekend or evening hours.
• Need to be available for support during off hours, weekends and holidays.