The Sr. Manager of Sales Operations and Channel Planning is responsible for supporting the volume and profit growth of their assigned channel business. The role directly supports the assigned Channel Sales Vice President, Channel Field Sales Team and General Management / Product Team of Saputo Dairy Foods in achieving the company's annual objectives. In addition, the individual is a key thought leader and contributor to the Sales Operations Department driving best in class sales processes, tools and capabilities across the sales organization. This position is accountable internally for customer & channel business activation and commercialization with product management team, coordination of channel initiatives with supply chain, operations, packaging, R&D, QA, Finance, field sales, HR and customer service, channel annual planning process, channel forecasts, channel performance tracking and providing channel insight on key business initiatives.
- Integrate insights from consumer / panel, financial metric and volume/sales data into strategic insights that enable effective and strategic and tactical decision making
- Work closely with Product Development team to align on key insights and category initiatives
- Support gatekeeping function to any given Sales volume/ margin planning initiative
- Lead presentation development for Sales business reviews; provide related template and ongoing updates as requested by Sales management
- Provides training and support to field sales / brokers on all analytical tools; enable the field sales through analytics to track key business initiatives
- Lead the development of Sales RSM dashboards for ongoing customer MBR reporting and tracking of business results
- Coordinate Sales forecast process with Demand Planning Team. Oversee the Sales team reporting on monthly/ quarterly forecasts, providing roll-ups that will highlight risks and opportunities.
- Coordinate Sales share and industry growth inputs to annual budgeting process
- Lead the development of strategic growth initiatives and manage the quarterly communication to senior leadership team
- Provide Commercial Finance volume and margin detail for annual AOP margin analysis and provide ongoing updates to budgeting process as needed.
- Support the Commercial Finance and Sales Admin teams in Sales' bottoms up Customer AOP development
- Produce ad hoc business analytics and reporting
- Ability to manage multiple projects to completion with minimum managerial oversight
- Clearly communicate and track key strategic initiatives for the organization or the channel
- Ability to creatively find solutions to business questions and issues
- Education – Bachelors in Business, Finance, Statistics, or equivalent; MBA plus
- Must have a minimum of 7 years' experience in sales, sales operations/finance in CPG industry. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Experience – Proven track record of demonstrating thought leadership and critical thinking through accomplishments and experience
- Additional Qualifications – (1) Demonstrated experience in sales or finance support, highly developed business acumen with solid analytical experience (2) experienced and or practice with category management principles, strategies and tactics, (3) strong understanding of sales practices and principles, (4) self-sufficient and dynamic with the ability to work in a matrix environment where priorities change rapidly and tight deadlines exist, (5) ability to work with diverse group of people internal and external to organization, (6) excellent interpersonal and collaborative communication skills, (7) strong skills in MS Office suites of software, (8) additional experience using CRM tool / software – a plus.