Yext is seeking a Senior Manager of Sales Finance. As a key member of the sales and go-to-market finance team, the right individual will have the opportunity to act as the channel CFO and strategic advisor directly supporting sales leadership. The right candidate for this role will demonstrate strong collaboration skills, financial aptitude, excellent business intuition, and ability to build strong relationships across the organization.
- Act as the "P&L" owner for one or more business units, including bookings, revenue, and expense, partnering closely with the respective leaders.
- Partner with the Direct Sales and Customer Success teams to provide weekly forecasts for bookings and ACV retention.
- Build deep and trusted partnerships with senior leaders across the organization to help optimize and strategize around investment decisions.
- Partner with Accounting and Finance to ensure accurate monthly close and forecast precision for the Sales organization.
- Ensure consistent monthly, quarterly and annual communication of results, forecasts and action plans to all stakeholders, including business partners within the sales organization, the executive team, and investor relations.
- Visualize and present key metrics on an ongoing basis to various stakeholders across the company.
- Perform ad hoc analyses that drive strategic business decisions. Analyze data and financial and business metrics used by the company and senior management.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in Finance, Business, Engineering or a related field. MBA a plus.
- 8-12 years of experience in finance or a related field. Prior software industry experience preferred.
- Power user of Excel. Familiarity with Salesforce.com, business intelligence, and financial planning applications is a plus (e.g. Anaplan, Workday).
- Comfort working independently and diving into data or creating models.
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships with senior executives and department heads as a trusted and objective advisor
- Excellent analytical skills, strong proficiency in financial modeling, and familiarity with accounting concepts. Knowledge of ASC-606 a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision. Proactive self-starter with the ability to multitask and prioritize appropriately to meet tight deadlines. High attention to detail is a must.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Comfortable working with and articulating financial concepts to managers and senior executives.
- High standard for integrity required for exposure to confidential company performance data and legal contracts.