Job Posting Title
Senior Manager - Risk and Insurance
This position is responsible for Risk Management and Insurance across the global organisation and plays a critical role in supporting the delivery of the organisation’s strategic objectives by championing best practice in governance and risk management, objectively assessing the adequacy of governance and management of risks and providing support and guidance on management of emerging risks and proposed developments.
The role key outcomes are:
1) Partner with the all business teams to drive insight, challenge and to help deliver on the business’s commitments.
2) Improve the effectiveness of risk management across the business.
3) Manage the global insurance programme including renewal and claims.
It is expected the role will require some travelto ensure satisfactory execution of responsibilities.
What you'll do
- Manage an integrated risk management framework (including policy, software and reporting) and work on innovative risk management strategies which ensure that the Group’s major risks and opportunities are understood and managed effectively enabling the business to make sound investment decisions and enforce better standards of governance.
- Coach management on risk management to instill a risk management and compliance culture which ensure both value creation and value protection.
- Supporting the Executive Sponsor of Strategic Risk to monitor emerging risks and extend risk management principles into the wider business strategy
- Manage a comprehensive risk matrix to centralize risk management across the group, and identify linkages and relationships in risks across the business units to enable more effective management of risk
- Co-ordinate the development and maintenance of adequate business continuity plans
- Manage group crisis management program including delivery of annual training and assisting with crisis situations when they arise.
- Manage an effective global insurance program to ensure that the Group’s insurable risks are identified and transferred in a cost-effective manner. Manage annual renewal process including presenting to insurers and provide day to day assistance on claims and contract review.
- Proactively analyse and look for improvement opportunities to enhance performance including implementing [process improvement initiatives, technology and automation.
- Partner with the all business teams to drive insight, challenge and to help deliver on the business’s commitments.
- Manage Insurance Manager, supporting and driving personal and professional development.
- Work with co-sourced Big 4 provider.
- Prepare reports for Board Audit Committee, Strategic Risk Committee and Executive quarterly.
What we're looking for
- Candidate will preferably have a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Risk Management/Business/Commercial Law
- Strong working knowledge of business operations and processes, legal issues and governance
- Excellent communicator who can present and influence across all levels within the organisation
- A minimum of 8 years in a corporate environment
- Worked in a global organization with multi-regional experience/responsibility
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholders and multiple deliverables across tight deadlines
- A good communicator – ability to translate technical and detailed information into a clear. Concise, easy to understand message
- A critical thinker – someone who is willing to challenge the status quo
- Someone who is proactive and organized with the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment providing consistent, high quality output
- A person who is persistent and determined to get the outcome that’s beneficial for both Aristocrat and internal customers
- A demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
Qualities and Competencies we are looking for include:
- Inspiring Excellence
- Building Relationships
- Decision Making
- Facilitating Team Effectiveness
- Leading Change
World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
Robust benefits package
Global career opportunities
Our core values: Respect, Courage, Integrity and Passion
Our Winning Ways
- Unite - Come together as one team, with one vision
- Develop - Empower, inspire and grow our people
- Deliver - Execute with excellence, be accountable for results
- Play - Be creative, celebrate success