PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Senior Manager, Americas RFP Team, has management responsibility for a team based in Baltimore. This position aligns RFP Editor and RFP Specialist resources with a primary focus on GIS NA and USI to sustain and enhance a world class service model and support the strategic growth of these businesses. This position has direct responsibility for defining and executing the strategic vision of the Global RFP Team in alignment with the IPC organization.
The manager advocates on behalf of the team, gaining and using industry knowledge, familiarity with regional and channel sales, client service and consultant relations business strategies, and product and distribution structure. This position ensures overall service continuity by maintaining alignment on multiple levels and identifying/communicating assigned business units' trends for input into the business planning cycle.
This manager operates as a global RFP lead team member and, in collaboration with other leaders, is accountable for ensuring that IPC and the Product Group deliver on commitments to internal and external constituents.
Provides leadership, management oversight and strategic direction for Global RFP Team associates: RFP Editors & RFP Specialists. Each team is tasked with a diverse set of responsibilities with varied skill sets. This position works closely Global RFP Team Leads around the world to ensure consistency around coaching and developing of similar roles, observing client interactions and providing feedback, evaluating product and service knowledge, removing roadblocks and challenges for associates, and interfacing with internal clients and management on associates’ behalf in order to influence a positive outcome. This position develops and executes on tactical and strategic plans and provides overall strategy and messaging guidance to team leads.
This individual manages the day-to-day operations of the Americas RFP team, including pipeline management, resource assignment, deadline negotiation, and RFP qualification in concert with distribution.
Ensures broad-based, institutional editorial standards are applied across teams to investment and non-investment content that exhibits Institutional Voice, branded attributes, clearly written and tightly edited prose, distinguishing firm/strategy characteristics supported with compelling proof and data points, “win themes,” and overall readability and uniformity across all outputs. Ensures a quality oversight process occurs and personally participates in that oversight process.
In concert with the Global RFP Lead Team, this position will establish a “Best Practices” model for each role in terms of institutional content competency and an attendant program to meet those standards, codifying the institutional editorial standards into teachable tools such as style guides, sample RFPs/DDQs, and standardized executive summaries, and will develop/refine/deliverreporting metrics and results to a diverse audience of senior managers throughout the year to identify directional trends in prospect and client activity and determine the appropriate resources to support these variables to achieve the desired effect.
Maintains relationships across the firm with a well-diversified, senior network of investment and non-investment Subject Matter Experts (“SME”), along with key proposal stakeholders, such as business unit Sales and Marketing teams. In that regard, this position will work closely with the internal business partners with the goal of delivering high quality service to clients globally. Partnering with the heads of distribution units and their regional leads, as well as shared service teams globally is paramount.
- College degree and 5 years of related work experience
- 5+ years of RFP experience including content creation, which assumes refined authorship and editorial skills, financial services marketing, with a proven mastery of various traditional and alternative investment strategies, and project management, ranging from collateral creation to broader-based processes and procedures overhauls.
- Three years experience managing a team
- Demonstrated management skills, preferably in a multi-site environment
- Thorough understanding of institutional and/or third party investment management business
- In-depth knowledge of institutional investment products and services, ideally across multiple distributionchannels
- Experience in investment management and related articulation in financial writing
- Experienceediting proposals
- Mastery of fundamental investment knowledge, institutional portfolio concepts and basic quantitative analysis
- Strong understanding of institutional domain and competitive landscape
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience interfacing with senior market facing professionals
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to handle multi-tasks in deadline-driven environment
- Demonstrated technical ability - ability to assess the accuracy and relevancy of key performance data
- Professional presence
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Experience with budgeting, interviewing and training
- Ability to think strategically
- Adapts well to changing priorities
- MBA, CFA, Series 7 or relevant FINRA registration
- 10-12years of institutional investment management experience with demonstrable skills in content creation and management, product mastery and positioning, proposal development and oversight, and relationship management.
- 5 years of in-depth experience in writing/editing for institutional financial services for a range of applications…brochures, white papers, proposals, presentations, and public relations pitches.
- 3 years of proposal team management