The purpose of this position is to perform overall Revenue Growth Management (RGM) analytics with a specific focus on Trade Terms and drive insights to support RGM strategy, with accountability for development and implementation
- via omni-channel guidelines for trade terms;
- via guidelines on pricing, assortment and product prioritization;
- via tools and processes for in-market optimization.
Proactively and collaboratively work across the Company to determine strategies that can effectively be used as a lever to grow revenue and improve profit for the organization.
- Build and update omni-channel guidelines for trade terms.
- Establish high-level trade architecture and terms guidance.
- Lead core trade terms analytics (e.g., terms depth impact on sales, impact of pay per performance architecture).
- Analyze product volume, margin and competitive prices to provide trade spend recommendation.
- Set up tools and processes for in-market optimization, including cascading of KPIs (for RGM vs. local teams) and upskilling of local teams (via dedicated trainings and starting with sales analysts).
- Provides analytical inputs on category and regional opportunities.
- Align between functions involved in RGM (especially Marketing, Sales, Advanced Analytics, Finance) and coordinate programs and actions needed to implement recommendations (e.g., customer sell-in stories).
- Provide ad hoc support in trade terms management for local teams & other functions (e.g., how to leverage trade spends to support growth aspirations for a brand in a given channel) to help them meet and exceed their budgeted revenue targets and continually improve their profitability margins.
- Share RGM best practices.
- Undergraduate business degree or other discipline (e.g., mathematics, economics).
- 10 + years of business experience in an analytical and/or financial leadership role within FMCG working with cross functional teams
- At least 5 years of revenue growth management (RGM) experience required.
- Previous role in sales / commercial finance highly preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a large multi-site operations organization.
- Communication skills – advanced writing and communication skills, able to interact and persuade individuals senior to this role
- Analytical skills – ability to follow detailed instructions to perform complicated financial analysis, as well as determine basic analysis required to support pricing decisions.
- Computer skills – highly proficient using financial analysis tools such as Excel, JDEdwards, Power BI
- Knowledge of IRI, Nielsen systems a plus.