The Senior Manager, Revenue Accounting will lead the revenue accounting processes and related projects and initiatives. The position will work cross functionally to ensure financial results are recorded in compliance with executed agreements and U.S. GAAP. The Senior Manager, Revenue Accounting is responsible for the accurate and timely accounting, analysis, reporting and internal control compliance for all revenue activities.
- Manage the monthly and quarterly revenue close responsibilities which include review of revenue fluctuation analysis, journal entries, and general ledger transnational review
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of documentation required for annual audits and quarterly reviews, work as a liaison with Internal and External Audit partners
- Ensure compliance with all control objectives and corporate policies for compliance with US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Lead the review and validation of contractual requirements for revenue related items
- Identify and manage system enhancements to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the accounting and reporting of revenue. Prioritize issues and focus on continuous process improvement
- Oversee the review of balance sheet account reconciliations
- Responsible for staff development, including training, effective performance feedback, and career development
- Lead and coordinate other special projects, as assigned
- At least 8+ years of experience in public or private accounting, with at least 3 years of revenue experience
- Previous experience with revenue recognition ASC 606 and Leasing ASC 842
Bachelor - Accounting; CPA a plus in MBA/ CPA Preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Strong organizational and managerial skills to be able to manage multiple priorities, adjust to changing business demands and follow through on commitments.
- Proficient in spreadsheet and other business software applications; Oracle experience preferred
- Strong people management skills and ability to motivate others
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively in a collaborative work environment with senior management, owner representatives, attorneys, peers and subordinates.
- Experience with the implementation and understanding of Revenue Recognition ASC 606 and Leasing ASC 842
- Ability to work with the Technical Accounting group to provide guidance on significant accounting transactions
- Partner with the Sales team to review contracts from an accounting perspective to determine whether there are terms that impact revenue recognition and successful operational execution
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, SEC reporting requirements, SOX requirements and experience with documentation of financial process controls to support operational as well as SOX compliance audits
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects, inclusive of acquisition integration and accounting requirements for new markets and revenue streams.
- Assists senior accounting and finance leadership with the establishment, maintenance and continuing improvement of accounting processes and procedures, making recommendations for process improvement where appropriate
- Ensure revenue accounting policies and operational procedures are documented and applied consistently
- Work closely with IT/systems teams to drive key system initiatives and updates