Oversee the daily operation of the defined benefit and defined contribution plans. Own plan compliance, administrative requirements and vendor relationships. Lead retirement strategy and design. Must stay up to date with current IRS regulations and ERISA requirements to determine how any changes may impact current retirement programs. Act as key retirement subject matter expert for HR and senior leadership. Manage Senior Analyst.
- Administer company-wide defined contribution and defined benefit plans, policies, procedures, and practices in accordance with corporate objectives and in compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Manage vendors and third-party resources to ensure that performance, contractual, and financial goals are met.
- Act as subject matter expert for all retirement plans including eligibility and provision requirements; participate in collective bargaining activities
- Manage and develop the Retirement Analyst
- Participate in the design of systems, policies and procedures to ensure the gathering, validation and integration of data necessary to support retirement plans
- Manage implementation of changes including plan design, eligibility, investment funds
- Manage the development and review of participant communications, SPDs, etc.
- Provide retirement plan presentations and training as appropriate
- Remain current on legislative and IRS changes relative to plan regulations, procedure changes and mandated disclosures
- Lead retirement program transitions on any marketing initiatives as well as acquisitions and divestitures
- Work effectively with internal departments including Legal, Treasury, Finance, IT, and Payroll as needed
- Assist with special projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Finance, Business or a related discipline from an accredited college or university required
- 8+ years professional retirement planexperience managing qualified and non qualified plans; 3+ years managing people
- Recognized certification in the field of benefits (CEBS) is desirable
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to manage effectively multiple tasks simultaneously, set and manage timelines and priorities and work with many levels of management and staff
- Must possess good judgment when making decisions; knowing when to escalate issues;
- Ability to demonstrate initiative in troubleshooting and problem solving
- Ability to present technical information in a simple to understand manner to multiple levels of leadership
- Ability to perform in a team environment as a team member or leader in a cross-functional team environment and achieve consensus decisions.