The Sr. Manager of Spectrum Retail Sales is responsible for building, owning and driving a sales culture across Authorized Retailers within the assigned market. The Sr. Manager of Spectrum Retail Sales will meets and exceed budgeted sales and revenue goals by executing sales plans that align with the Retail Partnership vision. This position also ensures assigned sale channels contribute to the acquisition of new customers, resulting in customer and revenue growth.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to drive sales and enhance the customer experience
- Partners with the Director, Retail Partnerships in developing and managing sales plans to meet or exceed customer growth and revenue goals by overseeing the implementation of strategies for selling Charter products and services.
- Communicates overall plan, strategy and matrix requirements to Retail Sales Managers and monitors and evaluates results.
- Effectively manage crisis situations and escalate to Retail Partnership Senior Leadership as necessary.
- Assists with the budgeting process and manages departmental expenditures within budgeting guidelines.
- Manage, coach, develop and motivate Retail Sales Managers and their teams to achieve their performance objectives.
- Build a high performance team by recruiting, training and retaining the best talent. Coach, develop and motivate to achieve both individual and team objectives.
- Implement retail sales channel strategies to grow market awareness for the Charter brand, including development of new retail points of distribution.
- Develop sales incentives to drive retail sales growth by executing plans for selling Charter products and services through partnership distribution channels (retail/dealer/partner)
- Develop and manage relationships with Charter Authorized Retailers to grow effectiveness of retail channel by continuously monitoring trends, opportunities, issues and performing in-depth needs assessments.
- Manage the execution of Retailer support and service expectations within scope of responsibility, ensuring the client's expectations and requirements are met.
- Manage overall sales process and set appropriate performance metrics.
- Review channel performance dashboard and top level channel performance against strategic targets.
- Provide weekly status reports to Retail Sales Leadership as required.
- Learn and develop further knowledge of new technologies and selling points which includes enhancing expertise in the company's products and services.
- Provide input on training content and process based on communication with retail partners, industry best practices or recommended process improvements.
- Demonstrate company values, foster continuous learning and development, move team forward through change and create a positive work environment where employees are able to enhance their skills and maximize their potential through coaching, training and objective performance management.
- Provide guidance, monitor and manage the enforcement of all Company policies.
- Perform other duties as requested
Skills / Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, and suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner.
- Strong analytical, statistical, quantitative, and deduction skills, and ability to make qualitative judgments on training, education and development resources in all types and formats.
- Ability to build strategic partnerships within all areas of the organization by exhibiting excellent interpersonal, leadership, influencing and presentation skills
- Knowledge of company process and procedure design and documentation
- Ability to organize/prioritize work, manage multiple tasks and projects and function effectively
- Ability to build a strong sales culture and high performing team
- Demonstrated ability to deliver a strong customer experience
- Knowledge of personal computer and software applications
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE NUMBER OF YEARS
- Supervisory Experience 5+
- Process Design/ Project Management Experience 3+
- Corporate Work Experience 5+
- Cable Industry experience 3+
- Retail experience 5+
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Knowledge of telecommunications products and services
- Knowledge of all functions and related tasks in the area of customer relations
- Retail environment
- Exposure to moderate noise levels
- Valid driver's license and ability to meet Company's motor vehicle requirements
- Travel – up to 75%