JCPenney is one of the USA’s largest apparel and home furnishing retailers, and we're dedicated to fitting the diversity of America with unparalleled style and value. Working at JCPenney gives you the opportunity to help create meaningful experiences for the millions who shop at our more than 1,000 stores and jcp.com. We're looking for motivated, talented individuals who can emerge as Warriors in our organization.
The Senior Manager will play a pivotal role within JCPenney’s Merchandising and Item Application Development team. Focus areas include: leading an application development team, managing a diverse portfolio of technology solutions, facilitating the delivery of complex projects and programs, enhancing systems stability, and establishing strong relationships with business and IT partners. The ideal candidate will have a passion for growing and developing high performing teams, solving complex business problems and delivering high quality technology solutions.
- Serve as a senior leader within application development reporting into Application Development Director
- Ensure process and quality standards are achieved within work teams
- Serve as escalation point for roadblocks slowing down or impeding delivery objectives
- Responsible for leading a team of development professionals (PM, Analysts and Engineers)
- Provide direction, coaching, and set goals for career development of the reporting team
- Responsible for performance reviews, appraisals and feedback for the team
- Develop associates through goal setting, ongoing performance feedback, training and development plans, career path discussions and identification of project assignments to further develop skill sets
- Deliver projects through cross-functional teams leveraging internal and external members
- Operate in a dynamic and ambiguous environment to drive multiple complex projects and/or programs
- Build relationships with IT and business teams, peers and leaders across locations to understand business objectives and provide win-win solutions to solve business problems
- Manage cross team dependencies by working with leadership teams of other dependent systems to align timelines, roll out plans, and releases
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- 10+ years of demonstrated leadership experience in Information Technology leading teams with an emphasis in software development and implementing COTS/ERP/Niche packages.
- Passion for building and developing high performing global teams
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with leaders, peers and teams
- Effective communication (written and verbal) with multiple levels of leadership as well as cross-functional business and technical teams
- Demonstrated ability to deliver quality solutions that meet business requirements
- Continuous learner with a focus on staying abreast of industry trends, tools and techniques
- Practical experience in leading technical teams with extensive knowledge of SDLC and IT project management processes, leveraging waterfall, iterative and agile methods
- Action oriented with strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Prior experience in retail or Fortune 500 company desired