We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Analytics and Business Insights is a department of about 145 team members focused on firm-wide strategic decision support, client behavior diagnostics, advanced analytics, market research, client loyalty, management reporting, and client and prospect data management. Our mission is to help Schwab compete on analytics – in particular, to serve our clients and cultivate their loyalty by understanding their needs and goals better than anyone – and make strategic decisions in a data-driven, fact-based, sophisticated manner. Our services are in heavy demand due to our reputation for strong business insight, outstanding productivity, and attention to detail.
Retail Analytics provides dedicated support to Investor Services, which generates 75% of Schwab’s revenue and is well-positioned for significant growth over the next 3-5 years. The team focuses on delivering actionable insights to drive growth and help leadership make better business decisions.
This Senior Manager will support several Retail business lines and play a key role in informing strategic initiatives. This person will work both individually and in a team setting, taking full ownership of projects, creating data-driven reporting, developing strong relationships with the business and contributing to the development of actionable insights. Project work will be primarily Tableau focused but could also include customer behavior analysis and segmentation, impact analysis, economic analysis, and statistical analysis.
What you’ll do:
- Drive business impact by influencing executives with data-driven recommendations that are actionable
- Build relationships with business partners and maximize cross-functional resources to support a fact-driven and "through clients' eyes" decision-making culture
- Gather relevant quantitative and qualitative information by extracting data from internal database and meeting with team and business partners
- Create and deliver high-impact Tableau dashboards and clearly communicate methodologies and results
- Share work in process with team and business partners, and meet aggressive interim and final deadlines
- Rapidly develop understanding of Schwab’s business through team interactions and business partner interviews
What you have:
- 6-8years of full time work experience, including 5+ years in a financial or analytical role
- Superior Tableau skills, creativity in problem solving, and attention to detail
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as the ability to develop concise and effective presentations tailored to specific audiences
- Strong relationship building and collaboration skills, especially in cross-functional teams
- Comfort in a dynamic, fast-moving, and matrix work environment.
- Well-developed SQL skills with SAS programming a plus
- Management Consulting experience a plus
- Financial services experiencepreferred but not required
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life