Senior Manager Regulatory & Food Safety
Our client is an established expert and industry leader of humanely raised, premium chicken, selling exclusively to premier outlets. Since 1894, they have pioneered many industry firsts and lead through innovation, with standards second-to-none. Here, you’ll have the ability to influence change and see your ideas come to fruition. Their decisions are based on what’s best for their chickens and customers, not cost. Trust in a company that has stood the test of time and work for the best in the industry. This role is located in Fredericksburg, PA
The Senior Manager Regulatory & Food Safety is an organizational resource who will drive the food safety, Quality and Regulatory Compliance strategy for the organization. This position will oversee a team responsible for the development and validation of programs, processes, and relationships on a broad range of compliance, food safety and quality initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the attracting and retaining top talent through coaching and development of direct reports. Define individual performance objectives and foster an environment of growth. Invests in ongoing personal and team development and education.
- Establishes key performance indicators for areas of ownership; measures success against organizational objectives and drives continuous improvement initiatives.
- Directly manage: Food Safety & Compliance Manager and Quality Systems Manager
- Indirectly manage: Laboratory Supervisor, 3 Lab Technicians, Document Control Specialist
- Provides leadership and guidance for all food safety, quality assurance, and regulatory compliance aspects across all sites and business units within the organization.
- Develops the expectations for corporate-level programs that ensures compliance with regulatory requirements, 3 party audit standards, and customer requirements. Supports the implementation of programs across all company locations and develops methods to verify and validate program effectiveness.
- Leads internal audits of establishment programs, records, and facilities, ensuring audit preparedness and corrective action/preventative measure effectiveness.
- Identifies and spearheads continuous improvement initiatives in areas of food safety, quality, and regulatory compliance by collaborating with key stakeholders and organizational leadership.
- Supports site management teams with investigations into complaints, audit non-conformances, process deviations, and regulatory concerns.
- Provides support for regulatory, customer, and 3 party audits. Serves as the back-up SQF Practitioner in the absence of a site Senior Quality Assurance Manager.
- Routinely interacts with customers, vendors, auditors and regulatory authorities and all levels within the organization.
- Researches and monitors new and emerging regulatory requirements at the federal, state, and local level. Develops and implements a strategy to ensure on-going compliance.
- Takes a proactive role in assuring safe, quality products are produced by immediately addressing any safety or quality concerns. Participate actively in all company meetings.
- Provide support to the Quality Assurance department by developing a knowledge of the business to participate in projects, internal and external audits, and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Poultry Science or related technical field and 7+ years’ experience in food safety/quality assurance management in the food industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Advanced knowledge of commercial and technical USDA & FDA regulations
- Certifications in Advanced HACCP and/or PCQI for Human Food
- Experience with GFSI audit schemes required; prior experience as an SQF Practitioner preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, regulatory authorities, 3 party auditors, and varying levels of employees throughout the organization.
- Ability and desire to lead change; and to motivate, empower and inspire key stakeholders.
- Self-motivated with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in project management, team collaboration, and driving continuous improvement.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability for intermittent business travel